September 22, 2009

Hopes Dashed

In my last post I talked about my crazy short LP & how I called my Dr. When I left off, I was waiting on a call back from the Dr. after reviewing my charts. Well they did & they called me back today - the final verdict? To wait it out - yep, just wait, at least 3 more months. She told me to that's it's a bit too early to start being concerned about any issues when I have only been off BCPs for 3 cycles. I told my girls on the internet message board I frequent & they suggested I go talk to another GYN or an RE. I tried to make excuses for why I couldn't do that - all the offices in my area have long waits or aren't accepting new patients, but they weren't having it! I got a recommendation from one of the women who lives in my area for her OB/GYN, and it seems like a very proactive practice!

I am actually really torn on what I should do about this. Part of me says to just take the plunge & see if I can get in with this other OB/GYN, part of me says to wait it out maybe just one more cycle since my GYN DID tell me to be off the pill @ least 1 cycle before TTC, which I never really gave myself, so technically it would really be cycle #3 TTC I am on now. Yet another part of me says to wait it out & see what happens in the next 3 months - I really did just recently get off the pill & I lost weight while on it - about 40 lbs total. I read in TCOYF that women who lost weight while on hormonal BC usually take a bit longer to regulate after stopping BC.

One thing you should know about me is that I am VERY, I mean extremely indecisive. I will make up my mind about something, then change it 10,897,564 times in a day, or even in an hour. LOL. Another thing, I'm sorta stubborn...sometimes to a fault. So today, before I left work, I had decided I would at least try & call other Drs. to see if I could get in for an initial consultation, but then I had my usual 1.5 hour commute home on our Nation Capital's wonderful Metro & had even more time to second guess my decision. It can be a gift & a curse - the metro - it sometimes gives me too much time to fight myself over life decisions....and I have made plenty on this here method of public transportation, lol!

*DC Metro - I commute on here 3x a week*
Photo Credit

When I got home Mr. Worry Bud & I took a drive to pick up some take out & we discussed the options. He thinks I should either go to a new GYN or to my primary care physician (PCP) & at least get the blood tests done I am concerned about so that I can have peace of mind. I am actually due for a physical & I am sure they will be drawing blood at that time, so it wouldn't hurt to ask them to test my progesterone & iron levels. So as of right now, that's the plan - to get those two things checked out at my normal physical & if there are irregularities then I will re-adjust my plan to figure out what my next step is. I am going to remain on B6 throughout this time & continue charting my cycles. All I know is that I am pretty much willing to do whatever it takes to get pregnant with a healthy baby at this point, so I am going to pray really hard tonight that God hears me & helps calm my heart & grants my prayer for a happy, healthy baby soon. Wish me luck & send any spare thought & prayers you have my way!


mrs.messi said...

I'm thinking about you, girl!

Worry Bud said...

Thanks sweety! Hopefully my other Dr. will be able to provide some different suggestions on what to do!


Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert