November 12, 2011

10 Weeks

Huge congratulations to Buttercup Bud. Thanks for sharing your birth story with us!

I am 10 weeks along now(as of 11/10). Here is what I have to report for this past week.

1. I have been tapering off my medications for over a week. I took a blood test today. If everything is okay, I will get to stop soon. This is good because the shots are not that fun, and a 20 day supply of the progesterone and estrogen is about $400.

2. I bought my first pair of maternity pants. I am not really showing yet, but my pants were pretty tight. I wished that I had gotten them sooner because they are so comfortable and there is not so much pressure around my waist.

3. I am still feeling sick most days. I have been soooo tired, and throw up most mornings and evenings. If I weren't sick and tired, I probably wouldn't even know I was pregnant. For such a HUGE miracle to finally happen, I thought I would somehow feel pregnant, but I don't... just sick. It doesn't all feel real yet.

4. We got a message from our embryo donors a couple of days ago, seeing if they could send some things for the baby. It was so thoughtful of them to think of doing that. This is big for us because we hoped to have some sort of open relationship with whomever our donors ended up being.  Our donor family seemed like they might want things to be more closed, except for receiving things from us about the baby, so I am happy to see them reaching out to us. We will just have to wait and see how things progress.

5. Milestones for the baby this week are:
     a. According to babycenter.com our embryo is now a fetus. Hurray!
     b. Fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and are starting to grow nails.
     c. Peach fuzz hair is starting to grow on it's tender skin.
     d. S/he can now bend their limbs.
     e. Spinal nerves are starting to stretch out from the spinal cord.
     f. Baby is 1 1/4 inch, the size of a kumquat.
     g.  Vital organs including kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver are in place and starting to function, and will continue to develop throughout the pregnancy.

I guess if a pregnancy is 40 weeks, we are 1/4 of the way through!

Lucky Bud

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert