October 19, 2011

Meformin Woes

Well I am back to taking my Metformin since my hiatus between IVF's. I did have the Dr. change my prescription to the extended release so I can take it before I go to bed. That has decreased the nasty side effects of intestinal upsets and nausea but the past week I have been on a roller coaster of feeling great then suddenly wanting to throw up. Luckily I just feel nauseous and don't actually have to throw up. I have been reading and it seems that it can take up to a month before Metformin stabilizes your insulin levels and the side effects subside. All I can say is Immodium chewable tablets are always close by till my body adjusts.

Otherwise, I have planned out that I will start taking BC this coming Sunday and that should put the egg retrieval the week after Thanksgiving. I am excited but worried that it will be another failed cycle. I did talk to a lady that had done IVF and they put in 3 grade D eggs and all three took, she has 3 year old triplets. Also, a friend of hers just did IVF and she had 2 grade C and 1 grade D eggs and all three took. So....some people it works maybe this time it will for us!

2 comments:

Diva Bud said...

I, too, have been feeling the effects of metformin... And it is NOT pretty :-/ I haven't thrown up, either. But the nausea does come and go. And I am only taking one 500mg tablet a day because I have not been able to hand two. I took one last night and one this morning and my body was already funky.

I find that the best time to take them is after, or during, a meal. For some reason, it goes down smoother this way and offers a lot less side-effects.

GL!!!!!

Explorer Bud said...

Thanks, I am on the extended release and am taking 1,000 mg at night. Today I am feeling better and less nausea which is a relief!!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert