September 15, 2011

One Month To Go

I seriously can't believe that a month from today is when my EDD is. Granted he'll come whenever he pleases, but it is so crazy to be able to say "next month" when people ask when I'm due.

We're doing pretty well in terms of being prepared for him to arrive. I still have to pack my hospital bag, but the last few things we'll need for him (diapers...kind of an important detail) were purchased today. I've also had to stock up on feminine supplies for me for afterwards...something I didn't think about until the other day. I've liked getting to skip that aisle for almost all of the year so far.

I had another trip to L&D yesterday. The long and short of it is that my super fun 35 week appointment (2 hr GTT, GBS and my very first internal exam all in one appointment) left me spotting courtesy of my lovely sensitive cervix. Not surprising AT ALL given how I'd spot at the drop of a hat with any disturbance in 1st Tri and that internal check involved my cervix being all kinds of irritated (um, ouch!). Anyhow, spotting went from pink to red then to brownish red. Doctors heard the word red and sent me to L&D. Four hours at L&D later we were told it was exactly what I tried to tell them was going on in the first place. Gotta love that. On the plus side though, we got to hear babies heartbeat for over an hour AND got a quick glimpse of him yawning on the ultrasound.

Might as well do the check in now since I'm here:

How far along: 35 weeks and 5 days. Due date is exactly a month from today!

Total weight change: Going by the doctors scale at my 35 week appointment on Tuesday, +28. Not liking this 2 lbs in a week thing...

Maternity clothes: Always. I've pretty much moved into dresses at this point. It kills my hips to get pants on and off.

Stretch Marks: No new developments since last week.

Movement: I've got a wriggler in there. He gets hiccups 2-3 times a day. Just last night he discovered he can stretch his leg out and pretty much hit my kidney. Thanks kid.

Sleep: Hit or miss. I seem to be pass out tired at bedtime, sleep for a few hours and then have to put myself to sleep again when I wake up to pee. I'm getting good at napping anytime the opportunity arises as well (good practice for when baby is here?)

Best Moment This Past Week: Seeing the baby yawn on the ultrasound yesterday. Finding out I don't have GD after all was also pretty sweet.

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Pelvic exams are downright painful and I've managed to get two in the past two days.

Belly Button In or Out:
Still an inny.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing major.

Symptoms: Stupid sensitive cervix acting up again after the internal. The Braxton Hicks are increasing in frequency and sometimes intensity and the little guy is sometimes putting pressure on my cervix. He's still not dropped yet though.

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert