July 14, 2011

30 Week Update!

Wow, I cannot believe I just typed a week that starts with a "3"...incredible how fast this pregnancy is progressing! Here's a formal update:

How far along: 30 weeks, 3 days.

Total weight change: 30 lbs as of Tuesday. Thankfully, my crazy weight gain of second tri seems to have ended...between my last appointment at 28 weeks and my appointment this week at 30 weeks, I was only +1. Whew!

Maternity clothes: All the time. I've actually found some maternity tanks that are a little too short. Boo!

Stretch Marks: Very few, on my lower hips. I'm doing everything I can to prevent them though!

Movement: All the time. Although the movement has changed from kicks and jabs to general rolling movements. It's pretty neat to see my whole stomach shift--almost like it's doing the wave. Once in a while, I feel like baby gets startled and jumps, because I'll feel sharp-ish jabs on my right side, down by my cervix, up in my ribs, and across my belly on my left side. All at the same time. It normally startles me too!

Sleep: Not great, but not too bad. Mr. Magnolia Bud and I go back and forth on sleeping in the same bed and one of us sleeping in the guest room so we can each have our space (thanks to four pillows...). I wake up 4-5 times a night to pee, but at least the first few hours still seem to be uninterrupted sleep. On the sleep front though, I've also been VERY tired for the past week. I have no idea how I'm going to stay awake for Harry Potter tonight at midnight!

Best Moment This Past Week: We had our first baby shower last weekend! I'll write about that separately, it was fun :)

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: General feeling of tiredness with a little bit of blues thrown in. I feel like there's SO much to do, and am starting to flip out a little because there's just over two months to go (two months, five days to be precise)...I know everything will get done, but it's an overwhelming feeling.

Belly Button In or Out: In. Mr. MB thinks it's hilarious that it's getting so shallow.

Symptoms: Not too much--swollen ankles and upper back pain are about it (aside from my growing belly that I spill food on most days!)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Spending this weekend doing NOTHING! (Well, in our world getting more projects checked off the pre-baby to-do list is counting as "nothing" since it doesn't involve travel :) ).

Hope you've all been well!
-Magnolia Bud

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert