March 8, 2011

Remember Me?

Let me reintroduce myself, I am PB&J Bud and I am a blogger for Bloomin' Babies. Ok, I know it hasn't been that long but I feel like it has been an eternity since I last posted. I am in the middle of a three week vacation in FL (well I don't know if vacation is the right word. I am visiting family), Little PB&J is sick for the first time EVER and I have had internet service issues. Those are my excuses, will you please accept my apology for my lack of posting? :)

Anyway, since I don't have the possibility of getting pregnant this cycle (remember, I am on a three week "vacation" and away from Mr. PB&J......and his sperm) I decided that I would still be proactive in working toward my goal of getting KTFU. At my last doctor's appointment I was diagnosed with PCOS which basically means my ovaries suck. There is no cure for PCOS, but it is possible to manage PCOS by changes in lifestyle. I have been reading up on the condition and there is evidence that by losing 5% of my body weight some sort of medical magic happens and I can increase my chances getting pregnant. Sounds scientific, huh? I can't remember the exact reasoning why losing weight is good but it has something to do with my blood sugar regulating which in turn helps my ovaries spit out eggs. Typically, people who suffer from PCOS also suffer insulin resistance issues so a GI (gylcemic index) diet is recommended. Meaning I need to cut the cake and cookies. Even the french fries gotta go. And it's recommended that I exercise.

Blah.

Ugh.

Great. This is a recipe for disaster. I hate dieting and exercising. Especially at the same time. Is it me, or am I the only one who turns into a total bitch when they decide to make "lifestyle" changes? I suppose it's for the best. I still need to lose about 10 lbs to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight from Little PB&J. But dang it, I was using my impending pregnancy as my excuse as to why I wasn't getting off my ass and dropping the weight. It's kind of defeating to work toward a goal of weight loss when I know that I will be putting the weight right back on in the near future with my next pregnancy. Well folks, this excuse is why I am still lugging around those extra 10 lbs. I have been TTC for almost 1 year and I could have easily dropped those lbs by now. Easily. So, I have decided to suck it up and get off my ass. And put the cookies down. Anything to help the TTC process. The weight lost will just be an added benefit.

Surprisingly, I have been good about working out. Really good. Even on "vacation". But my eating? Not so much. I have a good day and then someone offers me a piece of cake and I cave (like tonight)........and then I say eff it, I already blew my diet for the day, gimme some of that ice cream too. But tomorrow is a new day and I am praying for self control.

I.must.stay.away.from.cake.and.ice.cream.


1 comments:

Kelsey said...

Keep it up, you can do it! I find that either going cold turkey on sugar, or buying good substitutes (Hood Fat Free Frozen Yogurt!) work for me.

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert