March 8, 2011

12 Weeks!

I cannot believe I made it to 12 weeks! Here's a quick update as of 12 weeks, 1 day (today):

Baby is the size of a plum this week, growing to 3/4oz. Baby's developing reflexes this week, and his/her umbilical cord is moving into the abdomen.

I still haven't gained any weight, but now that my appetite is back and I'm able to eat a lot of things again, I expect to start gaining pretty soon.

I'm in maternity pants for comfort, and sleep in maternity long-sleeve T's--but they're still way too big to wear in public. I think I'm starting to get a little bump, but just today at lunch a group of women at my office told me that they can't believe I'm not even bloated yet.

We've been listening to baby's heartbeat every couple of nights, and it's dropped a little from it's peak of 176, but is still in the 160's consistently. I've read that heartrates regulate after 1st tri, so I'm not concerned.

The nausea is mostly gone. My energy has returned. I feel like an entirely new person this week, and I'm trying to take full advantage of it. I've gotten tons done at work this week, and got some projects finished around the house--hung some things on the walls, refinished an end table, worked on my other blog, started learning Lightroom, and cooked dinner three times since Saturday already! I've been getting back to the gym, and it feels great. I've also been able to start eating healthier again--not all the time, but enough that I'm noticing a difference. It also feels great!

I'm sleeping better--I wake up about an hour after I go to sleep to pee, and then again about 5am--but I'm able to sleep from 11pm-5am without interruption again. Again, feels great! This is my last week of weekly acupuncture until 3rd tri, so I'm hopeful the worst is behind me.

There is really something to be said for turning the corner on 2nd tri. I feel like my nausea started really early, so I'm really happy that it's left me earlier than it could have. And I'm really, really happy that I'm starting to enjoy being pregnant. We're still cautious (and every time I have even the faintest spotting, something that could be a cramp, etc., I pull out the doppler), but we're both really enjoying this part of pregnancy.

Sending each of you thoughts for a great week.
-Magnolia Bud

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

So glad things are going well. :)Hooray!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert