July 30, 2010

FF and Ovulation Fairies

I'm staring at my FF chart.

I think I'm actually hoping that it's going to tell me something I don't already know. I do have a tendency to treat it like one of these:




Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photo credit: Tinypic.com

"Oh, FF, will I O this month?" shake shake shake Uncertain. Try back in ten to fifteen days

What use are you, Fertility Friend, if you can't tell me my future? That is not what friends do.

Right now, I think I'm just dreading another cycle like the last one, even though all signs (you know, all seven days of them) point to a cycle that is going perfectly. Suspiciously perfectly. I don't trust AF at all, to be honest. It would completely like her to go away to lull me into a false sense of security and then slam me with three days of medium flow madness. I'm on to you, AF.

On the other hand, the sweet RN who went over Provera with me told me "Well, dear." She calls me dear. I love her. "Well, dear, Provera can sometimes just give your system a jumpstart and help it regulate itself. There's every chance that will happen." So there that is.

So here I am, begging the ovulation fairies (who totally exist. They live with the BFP fairies) for a temp rise. At some point. Not right now, because that would be completely counterproductive, but you know, in a week or two, after lots of BD-ing has happened.

On an almost unrelated note, Dinner with Mr. Cherry Bud's family tonight. I think I may play a (non-alcoholic) drinking game regarding how many times someone tells me that I will get pregnant as soon as we stop trying. Or when we least expect it.

On a completely unrelated note, I kind of want to see Inception again because how amazing is Leonardo Dicaprio? So amazing, that's how much. Almost as amazing as Christopher Nolan, the genius.


3 comments:

Sunflower Bud said...

I was lucky enough to get the "relax" advice yesterday. It took a lot of self control to not laugh hysterically.

I have the same fascination with Fertility Friend. For some unknown reason, I seem to believe that it will somehow look different an hour later from when I checked it... so I check it again and study it. And then repeat this several more times a day.

Sarcastic Bud said...

The first time I got pregnant was actually after I took Provera..... no Clomid needed. Did you have irregular cycles before you were on birth control?

I hope the same happens to you! I highly rec. the Clear Blue Easy Smileys OPKs. They are fabulous!

Jen J. said...

FF can definitely be a gift & a curse. GL this cycle!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert