February 18, 2010

Sorry to leave you hanging...ET update!

So, after my last post, I went back to work for the first time since our crazy snow storm + President's Day & as you can imagine, after nearly two weeks away...I have been REALLY busy! So, let me give you a quick recap...

Tuesday, February 16

Went to work on time, although I found out we had a 2 hour delay! FAIL. Got a call from my nurse, then Dr. G that my transfer would be moved to a 5 day transfer because all of our embryos are all grade 1 at this point (1 being most desirable for transfer & 4 being the least desirable) & it's difficult to select the best two at this point!! Woot.

Embryo stats on day 3 (should be between 6-8 cells per my RE):
  • 1 - 9 cell
  • 2 - 8 cells
  • 1 - 6 cell
Wednesday, February 17

Given directions for my 5dt tomorrow - 1:30pm. Not much to report other than all embryos still growing & dividing normally.

Embryo stats on day 4 (no day 4 grading criteria, but all looks well per my RE):
  • 2 - compacted embryos (essentially stage prior to blastocyst)
  • 1 - 12 cell
  • 1 - 10 cell
Thursday, February 18

Went to work in the morning, Mr. Worry Bud came past my job & we headed to my RE's main office for the ET. Drank 20 oz. water on the way. Side note - I read a lot of blogs about IVF & always read that the worse part of the ET was having to have a full bladder. A lot of women said it was soooo uncomfortable - I thought maybe they were exaggerating a bit. Ummm, no they weren't...I literally thought I'd pee on myself, lol. We had to confirm our identities, sign some papers on how many would be being transferred & the Dr. talked a bit about our two still hanging tight. He said they'd watch them until tomorrow & then decide if they are eligible for cryopreservation (freezing) for possible future cycles. Transferred two BEAUTIFUL, expanding blasts!!! Embryologist gave us a photo & told us that the blasts looked "really great"! I rested about 7 minutes (RE requires 5), then I quickly got dressed & ran to the bathroom right outside the room!

And without further adieu - I introduce the hopefully future Little Worry Bud(s):

(Ignore the little red circle in the middle of lil blast on the right, I think that's a glitch on the actual photo.)

I'm home on bed rest for 24 hours & then on limited activity for the next two weeks. I am to continue my 3x/day Endometrin (progesterone) suppositories, 2x/day Estradiol, 1x/day baby aspirin & 1 PNV. And now we wait....beta scheduled for March 3rd! IDK if I'll be able to hold out that long before POAS, but we shall see!

It's Mr. WB's birthday this weekend, so I'm hoping to cook him a nice dinner & be able to go grab his gift on Saturday/Sunday. Besides that, I'm taking it easy this weekend. Thank you all so, so, so, so MUCH for all the prayers, positive vibes, thoughts, etc. this week. I know every one of you sending us & our embryos T&P made a difference & we appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts. Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers during what the RE who did my ET said will be "the longest two weeks of our lives".



6 comments:

Life Happens said...

Hoping your 2WW will go by fast! Beautiful embryos.

Unknown said...

OMG - I am SO excited for you and to hear on March 3rd... I think you need a ticker :) lol

Thanks for sharing your journey with us thus far WB! My thoughts are with you and Mr WB!!! :)

mrs.messi said...

Happy Birthday, Mr WB!

I can't wait for March 3!

Ms. Understood said...

Good luck during your 2ww and happy birthday to Mr. WB. Enjoy your weekend.

Chef Bud said...

Wow, so exciting! I can't imagine you waiting all the way to March 3...but that's only because I'm addicted to POAS =) Can't wait to hear the good news!

Blessed Bud said...

Your Rockstars are Beautiful! Try to realx during your wait :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert