December 14, 2009

A long update

I'm sorry I am just now getting to this, but honestly, I just didn't have it in me to update and tell my story again. However, I am gaining strength and am ready to share.


My last post was about our first pregnancy appointment. If you remember, they couldn't find the heartbeat because "I had come in too early." In the back of my mind, I knew that this wasn't correct, however, I convinced myself that it was.


So, here is what happened next - Tuesday, December 8th, I went to try to find the HB again and they still could not find it. Dr. D decided to check my betas and have me come in Thursday, December 10th, to check the betas again. On Thursday, there was still no HB found and my betas were rising - they should have been able to find a HB. It was then determined that I, in fact, had a Blighted Ovum. (If you click here, you can learn more about what that means)


I am heart broken and still in shock, but I am dealing with it. Dr. D advised that since I have had no cramping, spotting or bleeding that I should have a D & C (dilation and curettage) because the empty sac could continue to grow for up to 2 more weeks (which would put us at Christmas) and then I would miscarry on my own. I decided to take his advice, as the only way to really have closure is to end this, move on and look forward.


I have to give kudos to several people during this hard chapter in my life. To my wonderful husband, who has been nothing but a pillar of love and strength. To my friend Stephanie, who has been so supportive and loving. And lastly, to The Getting Pregnant Board on The Nest. These women have been the best support system a woman could have. Thank you to all of these people!


I will be having my D&C tomorrow, December 15th at 1:45 CST. I am nervous, but hopeful. Please pray for the Sugar Bud house, as we are dealing with this.

6 comments:

Jen J. said...

GL Sugar Bud - best wishes to your family!

Daffodil Bud said...

You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. You have shown an amazing strength through all of this that to me is inspiring.

Blessed Bud said...

Sugar Bud I am so sorry Sweetie. You are in my Thoughts and Prayers...

Jenifire said...

Hang in there Sugar Bud. I'm so sorry. You and Mr. Sugar Bud are in my prayers. Take care of yourself and do some pampering to help you heal. :::big hugs:::

Flora Bud said...

Oh SB I am so sorry that you have to go through this. We are all here for you and I hope that you find closure.

Love Bud said...

I'm so sorry SB. You and Mr. SB are definitely in my prayers. Get lots of rest. ::big hugs::

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert