October 27, 2009

Truly Blessed...

O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee. (Psalms 84:12)

Hi Everybody! I am the newest Bud on the Blog Blessed Bud! I feel very happy to be a part of Bloomin’ Babies and thankful that I will be able to share my TTC journey and encourage other women who desire to have a child.


Mr. & Mrs. Blessed Bud
I met Mr. Blessed Bud back in 2004 in New York and we have been together ever since. We became very close because my mother passed away 6 months after we met and his support let me know he would always be there for me. We were married in the Destination Wedding of our dreams October 11, 2008 in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.



Mr. Blessed Bud has a daughter from a previous relationship and he has sole custody of her. I have been in her life since she was 1.5 years old and I have had lots of practice parenting, as I am helping him raise her. I plan on legally adopting my step-daughter in 2010. At our wedding in Jamaica, she told me and Mr. Blessed Bud she wants a brother and a sister as soon as possible, so I guess we have a lot of work to do.





A Little TTC History
In 2006 about 5 months before Mr. Blessed Bud and I got engaged I got the biggest SURPRISE, I found out I was pregnant! It was a huge shock because we were NOT TTC at all. I had gone on a trip to Jamaica in April 2006 and apparently was PG then but never thought anything about my breast being tender during the trip. When I returned home my OB confirmed my pregnancy with an Ultrasound. I was 6 weeks and I was going to be a MOMMY! Well about 1.5 weeks later (May 2006) at work I started to bleed and I immediately left work and went to my OB. He told me I was threatening to miscarry and I was DEVASTATED! I was put on bed rest for 2 days and I miscarried while on bed rest. I had a D&C right after my miscarriage.

No words can describe how painful miscarriage can be, but through the grace of God and lots of prayer I got through it. Three months later Mr. Blessed Bud proposed to me and I dove head first into planning what would eventually be our Destination Wedding in Jamaica. This helped me cope with my miscarriage, and we decided we would not officially start TTC until after our wedding.

Before starting TTC in December 2008, I went to my OB for a pre-conception check-up and a basic uterine ultrasound. Everything appeared OK and my OB told me to try for 6 months to get PG and if I did not, to come see her again. December 2008 was our first natural cycle and a BFN. I did not get AF in January or February and I became slightly concerned, but I sometimes had irregular periods. March and April were both BFN's and I did not waste anymore time, I got on the phone with an RE and set up a consultation.

After many tests with my RE, I was diagnosed with PCOS and decided to do an injectables cycle with timed intercourse with Dr. P in July 2009. The news: BFP! I was ecstatic that we got PG on our first cycle with my RE, but unfortunately I miscarried again in August 2009 at 4 weeks. In September I switched to Dr. B, my new RE that specializes in Recurrent Pregnancy Loss and I have a new outlook on my TTC journey.


Moving Forward
Despite all of the obstacles we have been faced with, I feel blessed that God has allowed me to become a stronger person after everything we have been through. My Faith in God is what keeps me on my TTC Journey and I continue to pray for the day when we have a little Baby Blessed Bud to add to our family.




0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert