September 5, 2009

Books on my Nightstand

As a 'brainy' person, I had to start my research into parenthood early. I started picking up books to read to familiarize myself with the entire pregnancy process, so I thought I'd share some short reviews with you. The first book I read was

Image Source

After a few reviews telling that the "What to expect when your expecting" book would be a rather scary way to look at pregnancy, I was turned to this book instead. I must say that the formatting of this book was very easy to read. A look from pre-conception to birth, this book was able to relate the aspects of pregnancy without completely scaring me to death. I was able to skip over chapters that were graciously left toward the end of the book that spoke of multiples and possible emergency situations. It was here that I first learned the importance of folic acid before TTC and began to take the supplements then. (Doesn't hurt that they boost metabolism too!)

I would HIGHLY recommend this book!

Faith, Love, and Baby Flutters
Mrs. Brainy Bud

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks for the review, I've read several books that prepared me for all the horrible things that could go wrong if I ever get pg and have been looking for something else to read, I'll definitely check this one out!

Flora Bud said...

Thank you for rec a great book, I want to read something other than what to expect when expecting.

Please let us know of any other books you like!!

Brainy Bud said...

Thanks for the compliments

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert