July 23, 2012

Back from a slight hiatus... 26w2d

Sorry for pulling a little "disappearing act" since my last post... but we had a family Wedding in Georgia, which we turned into a little, much needed, vacation. Here are my updates :)

How far along: 26 weeks 2 days (3 days as of Tuesday, but as of now it's late Monday night for me). On the verge of the 3rd trimester :) :) :)

Total weight change: Same as last time... will have an update after my next Dr. appointment on the 7th of August, since that's the only place I'm getting weighed. 

Maternity clothes: I don't own too much maternity clothes, but none of my "regular" clothes fit anymore, so you can pretty much say I'm in "maternity" clothes. Dresses, leggings, stretch pants, etc... Comfy :)

Stretch Marks: I'm turning into a Zebra "/

Movement: He is moving a lot lately! Mr. DBud FINALLY felt him move last Wednesday at the hotel in Orlando on the way home. His face was priceless :) Today, he moved a lot as well. He's getting stronger, and his movements are becoming much more obvious. 

Sleep: Thankfully, I'm still on Summer break, so I am getting sleep... I hope to be able to stay rested when I go back to work in a few weeks... we'll see how that goes.

Best Moment This Past Week: I've had a few good moments lately... we had a great vacation, which was very well deserved, but when we got back, it's been all "baby". We started working on the nursery (more seriously) and got things much more organized. We finally decided on the furniture (Bonavita Metro collection  crib, dresser/changer and nightstand), and finished working on our registry (for the most part). But best of all was Mr. DBud feeling our son move :) That was totally amazing. I honestly almost cried. 

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: The week before my trip, on the 10th, I needed to go into my Dr.'s office to have my glucose tolerance test. People talked to me about the glucola you have to drink, and mentioned different things, but I was ok with all of it. The morning came, and I headed over to take care of business. The nurse gave me the orange glucola which I chugged like a champ, and sent me into the waiting room for the dreaded 1 hour wait. Well, within minutes of sitting out there, I started feeling weird. Then, weird turned to outright bad, and I swear... I almost passed out right then and there! It was the WORST feeling ever. I got so worried, and texted my Husband. I honestly thought I was going to black out. Thankfully, before I went in for the blood draw, I felt fine... but then, she couldn't find my vein (first time EVER!). She finally did the draw, and then told me that if I failed, I would get a call by Friday or the following Monday. NO CALL! Woohoo!!!! I'm so happy, because I totally thought that due to my reaction, I had miserably failed. Thank GOD everything is going well :)

Belly Button In or Out: Still in, but definitely not as deep as before. So strange! I wonder how much longer it'll stay this way ;)

Cravings/Aversions: I craved candy the other day... which is weird, cause I never do. Other than that, nothing really... still loving those McDonald's cheeseburgers, though. 

Symptoms: MAJOR heartburn. Holy cow!!!!! Slight swelling in hands (can't wear engagement ring anymore, only wedding band) and swelling of the feet which comes and goes depending on what type of day I had and whether or not I've had a chance to raise my feet or not. 

Baby Shower plans are currently underway, so that is also keeping us quite busy... it's amazing how time starts to fly by after week 20! I can't wait to meet our little man in October!!!!! 

Also, one of my best friends just announced her pregnancy this past week :) I couldn't be happier for both of them!! This makes the journey that much more exciting... and more so now that I just found out ANOTHER friend is pregnant :) BABIES EVERYWHERE!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!

Until next time :)



Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert