July 18, 2012

36 weeks

How far along: 36 weeks today!!!  This week Parker is the size of a honeydew melon and is in  17.2- to 18.7-inch and 4.2- to 5.8-pound range and continues to beef up.  He is getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on his own.  His skin is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid.  The liver and kidneys are in working order and the circulation and immune systems are basically good to go!  

Total weight change: I gained 5 pounds since the last OV, but the swelling in my lower legs/ankles/feet are getting pretty bad sometimes.  I didn't get fussed at though by my OB!

Maternity clothes: My maternity scrub tops have gotten a bit too short and my belly shows if I lift one of my arms to grab a blood pressure cuff or something.  It's kind of funny and luckily I haven't had any patients comment.

Stretch Marks: Still none new but I'm keeping my skin moisturized with lotions and stuff.

Movement: Parker is still moving up a storm...more shifting and rolling than actual kicks.  Sometimes I swear the kid is trying to stretch his way out because I see a butt and feel his feet or something pushing on my pelvis!  

Sleep: Definitely needing a lot more here lately.  During the 2nd trimester I felt great after only 6-7 hours of sleep and woke up fairly early on the weekends with rare naps.  Now I could take a nap several times a day and sleep in every morning!  I love sleep and I figure I need to start banking some hours!

Best Moment This Past Week:  I have 2 as well: I had my 36week appointment yesterday and found out that I'm dilated to a 1, my uterus is tilted back like it should be, Parker is head down and getting engaged!  I was quite surprised, but I guess all that walking I'm doing at work trying to keep up with my provider has helped.  My baby showers are this week: my mom and girls at work are doing a combo tomorrow and my mother-in-law is throwing one this upcoming Sunday.  Hopefully I'll get lots of stuff that we need!


Oh yeah, I bought my breast pump yesterday and we bought the paint for the nursery on Monday - painting this weekend!

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Umm, I think dealing with the extra fatigue has been the hardest thing for me this week.  I don't feel like getting out of bed, getting up from desk to go get my patients or staying until 6pm finishing everything up.  All I want is to wear my stretchy pants and chill on the couch!

Belly Button In or Out: Officially an outty!  It's funny and I play with it sometimes!  Hahaha.

Cravings/Aversions: Craving ANYTHING sweet and totally not feeling meat, especially chicken.

Symptoms: Having dizziness again this week.  Still having the swelling, fatigue, tender nipples/breasts, Braxton Hicks, and heartburn.

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert