June 27, 2012

33 weeks!


How far along: 33 weeks today...49 days to go!  This week his eyes are staying open while he's awake, his brain is undergoing major development, his bones are hardening and he's starting to coordinate his breathing with sucking and swallowing.  He weighs over 4 pounds and is now over 17 inches long...thebump.com reports that he may grow up to an inch this week!

Total weight change: I think I had gained like 4 pounds at my last doctor's appointment last week...so 38 total?  Man...that sounds bad.  *sigh*

Maternity clothes: Still every dag-gone day. 

Stretch Marks: None new, but I did get a little "scare" a couple nights ago when I was putting on lotion and thought that I saw some new red stretch marks.  It turns out that it was a trick of the light.  I'm happy to report the road map still looks the same.

Movement: He's still moving really well.  Got a little nervous last night when I hadn't felt him move much last evening.  Luckily, he made up for it after my shower last night while I was reclining in bed.  SUCH A RELIEF!  He was doing some serious karate today (that's what I call it when he's really active) so I've enjoyed him letting me know that he's still here and doing okay.  =o)

Sleep: Same...I'm having to change sides every couple of hours or else my hips hurt too much.  And now I have to either support my tummy while I roll over and sit up into a reclining position to roll over.  Not to mention the peeing...

Best Moment This Past Week: Mr. CB and I had birthing class this past weekend (sorry I forgot to mention it last post).  It was pretty cool, a couple of weird moments when we were trying different relaxation poses because of the belly but we learned a lot of things and Mr. CB was very receptive.  We definitely feel more prepared!

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Hands-down the scare from last night.  But I did have a patient make (yet another) comment yesterday.  I called her back to the scale and she asked me "You haven't had that baby yet?"  (Now I've never seen this lady a day in my life.)  I said something like "I'm only eight months!" to which she sobered a little and asked "Are you having twins?"  I mean really?!?!  Come on lady...I don't know you...and I'm NO WHERE NEAR BIG ENOUGH TO BE DUE OR TO BE HAVING TWINS!  

Belly Button In or Out: Still an inny, but I don't think it will be for long...

Cravings/Aversions: The sweet-tooth has completely taken over this past week, as I'm sure the scale will enjoy showing me at my next appointment on Monday.  =o(

Symptoms: Let's see...fatigue?  Definitely.  Hot-flashes?  Flashes?  More like a constant inferno!!  Swelling?  You betcha!  My ankles are super sexy.  Increased urination?  Yeah, some...I love it when Parker punches my bladder.  Braxton-Hicks?  Only when I'm on my feet too long or don't take in enough water.  They're not bad though.


That's it for now...

1 comments:

Diva Bud said...

Woohoo! You're almost there, and he's almost here!!!!! Don't let stupid comments get you down... I've notices that "boy" bellies get rather big, and you know what... Who cares if people think you're "too big"!!!!! Don't let them rain on your parade... Pretty soon, you'll be holding your son in your arms and nothing else will matter :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert