May 27, 2012

House Arrest

Apparently, this pregnancy isn't going to be normal.  Whatever normal is.

Last Tuesday, I was talking on the phone with my mother.  I had just scheduled my first appointment with my OB/GYN, and I was telling her everything that they had said.

I felt something wet in underwear and immediately thought-  Did I just wet myself?  I walked to the bathroom (phone still in hand) and pulled my underwear down.  Mr. Bossy followed me in. There were two large spots of blood.  As I wiped, there was lots more blood.  I remember being more calm than last time; I think I may have just been in shock.  I told my mom about the blood and her response was, "Don't freak out."  Easier said than done.

I got off of the phone and immediately phoned my nurse.  She was amazingly calm and didn't sound concerned at all.  She told me to put on a pad and assess the bleeding every 15 minutes.  If it didn't begin to taper off within the hour, then Mr

 Bossy would need to take me to the ER.  Her calmness is what kept me sane.  She said that I could have easily "overdone" it that day at work, or there may have been a blood pocket (I've since researched this).

I obediently returned to the bathroom every 15 minutes.  The bleeding began to quickly taper off and eventually became light spotting.  By the next morning, there was barely anything on the toilet paper.  I emailed my nurse to inform her of what had happened after we had spoken and to see what she and my RE recommended.  I was ready to leave work at any point to go in to my RE's office for a visit.  Surprisingly, she didn't want to see me.  She did; however, want to me take the next 10 days off from work and rest.

Here I am.  Day 4 of rest/relaxation and I'm bored out of my mind!  Mr. Bossy won't let me do a thing around the house, and I'm already tired of watching tv.  I'll do it though.  I'll sit here with a smile on my face if it means this baby is safe.

On a positive note, all of my symptoms have intensified.  I'm extremely exhausted, I have major food aversions, and the nausea is awful!  I've already lost my breakfast once this week.

Today, I am 8 weeks/2 days, and my next appointment is June 12th.  June 12th can't get here quick enough!


                                                             
      Bossy Bud


3 comments:

Me said...

I am glad to hear that your bleeding/spotting stopped. I had it too with D's pregnancy (I think I tagged it as spotting). After having had a m/c the first time around, terrified doesn't begin to sum up the feeling.

Turns out I spotted throughout 1st Tri and then for the duration of my pg anytime my cervix was disturbed (vag u/s, intercourse, even a BM, cervix checks at the tail end of pg...sorry for TMI). Sensitive cervix was the dx. Some ladies had subchorionic hematomas on my BMB as well, most ending up with a take home baby.

Fingers crossed its something minor that won't affect the baby that caused your bleed.

~Cactus Bud

Bossy Bud said...

Cactus,

Your words/experience are so encouraging! Thank you so much for sharing. It gives me hope. :)

Diva Bud said...

Bossy, I am glad everything is ok! Just really take it easy, whatever the cost... at the end it WILL be worth it!!!! Just take care of your LO and try to relax. Sending positive vibes your way! :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert