May 5, 2012

25 weeks...and some change


Today marks 25 weeks 3 days > 102 days left!.  LO is the size of an eggplant this week and Parker is now about 1.5 pounds and is approximately 14 inches long from crown to rump.  His movements are becoming more pronounced every day and I love to sit up in bed and watch my belly jump and roll.

My mom and I picked up the nursery furniture yesterday!  =o)  It's so exciting...I wish I had a nursery to assemble them in (we're in the middle of some renovations).  But that's okay.  It will be just as exciting, if not more, in the next few weeks.  We bought a set from Burlington Coat Factory with a crib, chest of drawers and changing table.  I like them very much.

As far as pregnancy symptoms this week?  Well, the heartburn is back...with a vengeance!  I keep a bottle of Tums with me at all times!  And my ankles!!!!!  Oh man, they're beginning to swell.  It's not cute, especially since I'm on my feet all day at work.  I've had some people remark that I have that "glow" now, which I don't see at all.  But hey, I don't mind them saying it one little bit.  And I love how I've begun to notice how people/patients no longer question whether or not I'm pregnant.  Instead of hesitantly asking "are you pregnant?" like they don't want to insult me, they now ask "when are you due?"  It's fabulous and I know that I light up whenever someone asks.

I have my glucose tolerance test next Monday - the day after Mother's Day.  I'm nervous but slightly excited for the simple reason that it marks another milestone in my pregnancy (I will be just 2 days away from my last week of the 2nd trimester).

I'm attempting to do better with my posting, so I will write again soon!

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert