April 13, 2012

Almost there...

I am starting to finally gain a little confidence about this pregnancy. Finally. Of course, it's been tough, after my early loss last year. Anyone who has ever experienced that knows what I mean. It's terrifying, and honestly I will feel SO much better when I'm out of this dreaded 1st Trimester.

Tomorrow, I will officially be 12 weeks! Some sources see this as the end of the 1st part of pregnancy, but some don't acknowledge it until about 13 - 14 weeks. Either way, I have my next ultrasound this week (on Wednesday to be exact) and will be THRILLED if everything is the way it should be.

I have already told my bosses, at the Opera and at my Teaching job, the wonderful news, and also told the costume department at the opera. Since we are mid-production, we had to make sure the costumes were still fitting correctly, and check for any changes we may have to make. Nothing too major, but it's becoming more and more obvious that I'm packing a little extra on my waist line. It was definitely time to say something. And, to tell you the truth, the news was so well received, that I am glad I finally spilled the beans :)

After we see our LO at our next US, we are going to officially let the cat out of the bag... I am going to make a few calls, and then we're going to tell the world, aka Facebook. That should be interesting :)

Anyway, in the meantime, I still have a few persistent symptoms, which I am happy to have. I have been a bit dizzy, which is new. Had a mild case of vertigo yesterday that all of a sudden, leaving me feeling as if the whole world was spinning (which, of course, it is, but you catch my drift). My boobies and nipples are still tender, and I have had some swelling on my ankles. I think I may be catching a cold that my vitamins are trying to keep at bay, but other than that, I feel fine. Still exhausted, though.

Anyway, hopefully I will have some great news and a wonderful update after my next US... Keep praying for us :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Sarcastic Bud said...

Nothing beats seeing that heartbeat at 12 weeks. That's when we made our announcement too. And he/she will look like a baby this time. I ant wait to read your post next week!

Me said...

Good luck next Weds! I know how nervewracking it can be in the days leading up to an u/s, so you're in my thoughts.

Your LO should look more like a baby in this one. So surreal to have them put the wand there and see a little baby dancing around.

Good Luck!
~CB

Diva Bud said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies!

After Wednesday, we'll be good :) I am praying that everything will be great! Can't wait for the next BIG update :)

Bossy Bud said...

I love reading your updates, Diva! Just think- before you know it, you'll be finding out the sex!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert