April 11, 2012

32 Weeks

Yay! I am 32 weeks! We went to our Bradley class tonight and we did a labor rehersal. There were 6 stations set up throughout the house and we practiced like we were having contractions according to what we were sopposed to be doing at each station. For example at one station we were doing side relaxation, at another we were on the ball, for another we were standing, and another pretending like we were laboring in the kitchen, leaning against the counter, etc. I thought it would be weird, but I actually really liked it. It made it all seem so real. It is hard to believe that we are going to be doing it for real in a couple of months. Honestly one of my biggest fears (aside from the baby or me dying or having a C-section...etc) is that I will be a big wimp and do a terrible job during labor. We were there for both of our son's births, and Little Lucky Buds birth mom had a natural childbirth like I hope to. She was incredibly composed and focused and in control during her contractions. I am so scared that I am going to be whimpy and crying and saying I can't do it. I hope that I can be as strong as she was.

I forgot to mention before that I have been having braxton hicks for about the past month and a half. I have them all the time, Like maybe 3 an hour or more. Especially when the mood is stressful, like if the kids are fussy and giving me a hard time. My stomach gets hard as a rock. It is really weird.

On another note, my mom had THE WORST varicose veins. When she had them removed her Dr. said that he had been practicing for 20 years or something like that and had never seen such a bad case. Aside from not looking fabulous, they also caused her a lot of pain, and it was difficult to stand for periods of time. I was always told that varicose veins are hereditary, so as a teenager, it was always something I was concerned about. I already had some veins on the back of my legs that were very superficial, so I sure I would get them. I haven't really worried about it in the past 15 years or so, but as I was taking a bath with my Baby Lucky Bud today I noticed this.... Sorry for the gross photo. The lighting was bad, so I don't know how much you can tell, but I am starting to get some bulging veins, and spider veins. It isn't that bad right now, but I still have quite a ways to go, so I am a little concerned about how bad they will get.
It is funny that the veins that I always worried about on the back of my legs are fine. It is just everywhere else that is starting to pop out! It is not that big of a deal. After all of those years as a teenager worrying about it, I was surprised to find that I really don't care that much anymore. I just hope it doesn't get too gross or too painful.

Mr. Lucky Bud pretty much finished up the patio he was extending in our backyard, and is working on plans to make stairs going down from our deck to our backyard. We live in a townhouse and rent out our basement, so to get to the backyard, we have to walk all the way around the neighbors. I am really hoping he will have time to complete them this summer so that the boys can go down and play while I watch them from the deck, or right inside on the couch while I feed the baby.

I am pretty good except for the occasional heartburn or randomly throwing up, but it doesn't happen too often. I feel the baby moving a lot, even despite the placenta being in the front. I have been feeling a lot of  movement right in the center of my belly lately as opposed to down my hips like had been.

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert