December 24, 2011

The Ultimate Test

I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, etc. Tonight is a big deal, in my culture... We celebrate "Noche Buena" which translates as "Good Night". It's the night where we believe Mary and Joseph searched for a place to bring Baby Jesus into the world. We celebrate by cooking some very "Cuban" dishes like roasted pork, black beans and rice, yuca (a root boiled and seasoned with lots of garlic and "mojo") and for dessert... Turron (a past made from almonds or nuts, etc and then made into bars you cut into strips). Should be fun :)

CD 51, 29 DPO... No AF, no BFP... Nada! I haven't even temped for a few days so that I can get some sleep, and thats been good :) But, on top of all that, I attended a Baby Shower for a Family Member last night. It was Co-Ed, good food, good times... But, of course, there were those two pregnant bumps hanging around. See, there are two relatives who are currently knocked up. Great.

For the most part, it went pretty smoothly... I didn't get the "So, when are you having one?" question until I was almost ready to leave, which was a relief. But there was an interesting convo about fertility and women getting pregnant very easily, such as both the ones that are currently KU. I didn't go into our situation too much... After all, I don't really tell anyone we are TTC, so for now, it works. No need to see the faces and hear people say "don't worry it'll happen when you're not even thinking about it". Well, we all know that's not exactly how it works with IF. I spent a few months not thinking about it, this year, and apparently AF wasn't thinking either since she flew the coop... And that didn't get me very far.

I am currently waiting for the results for my tests to come back, so I can make an appointment with the RE. Then we'll get the show on the road, while simultaneously doing repairs on our house. This should be interesting.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Explorer Bud said...

I feel the same way, I don't want people's ignorant comments on if I would relax it will happen. I am pretty dang relaxed for an infertile couple!!

I hope you get some answers with your bloodwork and will like the RE.

Diva Bud said...

Thanks! Here's hoping :)

IMO, it's only fair to tell someone that it'll happen when it's right and if it's meant to be when they already have one or two kids... Not that infertility sucks any less but AT LEAST that person is already a mom. Thy have been pregnant and have been able to carry a child (or two) full term. I guess it's harder when you don't even know what that's like yet :-/

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert