December 22, 2011

16 Weeks

I had my 16 week apt. today and got to hear the babies heartbeat again. My midwife found it right away this time and I am so happy right now. I am not really showing yet, and not feeling sick anymore, so it is nice to have a reminder that there really is a baby in there! It is really amazing, I still can't believe it. Our baby should be around 4 1/2 inches from head to rump (about the size of an avocado), and 3 1/2 ounces.

Some things that I am looking forward to are:

*I signed up for some Bradley childbirth education classes today, which start in mid February.

*My next apt. with my midwife is on January 19th, and she will give me an order for my ultrasound. I am really looking forward to getting more information about how the baby is growing, and hopefully the reassurance that everything is fine!   (167 days to go!)

My heart really goes out to those of you who are still struggling to have children. The struggles, stress,difficulty and pain that we went through is still so fresh in my mind that it is hard to see others going through similar struggles and pain. I hope so much that all of you will soon have your dream of having a baby and I hope to be able to share in your joy as well.

1 comments:

Explorer Bud said...

I love this story, what a wonderful experience and an awesome Christmas surprise!!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert