November 28, 2011

Bossy Bud's Intro!

Hi Everyone!
I'm so pleased and honored to be able to join the Bloomin' Babies Board! I've been interested in blogging for quite a while now, but I've never had the courage to jump into it. I can't wait to share our TTC journey with each of you.
I can be a little long-winded, so I'll give you a summary (or as my students like to call it- the short version). Mr. Bossy Bud (who is anything but bossy) and I live in Central Florida. Ironically, we aren't Disney fans, but we adore the beach and eating seafood. We met and fell in love ten years ago. Five years ago, he made me his wife. Up until three years ago, we were living our lives quite happily. You see- I'm extremely bossy (hence my Bud name) and I plan everything to the last detail.

I had everything figured out:

  • Get engaged. (July 4th, 2004)
  • Graduate college with my Bachelors. (May 2005)
  • Teach one full year. ( August 2005- June 2006)
  • Begin graduate school. (August 2006)
  • Get married. (October 2006)
  • Build our first home. (September 2007)
  • Graduate from graduate school. (August 2008)
  • Begin TTC. (October 2008)

We (of course) thought TTC would be simple. Just ditch the birth control and BD as much as possible. Boy- were we wrong. After one year of trying, we visited my OB/GYN who diagnosed me with PCOS and placed me on met-formin. She ordered some tests on Mr. Bossy Bud and determined that he was fine. Then- she referred us to a RE.

Two years later, three unsuccessful IUIs, IVF, and a recent missed miscarriage have led us to today. I can honestly say that our journey has only made us stronger and brought us that much closer. Our current plan is to remain hopeful and prayerful for a FET in January/February.

The following Bible verse comes to mind every time I find myself questioning the plan:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I'm beginning to realize that I can't be in control of everything (no matter how hard I fight it), and everything happens for a reason. I'm hoping that blogging on Bloomin' Babies will help keep me focused and allow me to share and learn throughout my journey!

-Bossy Bud

2 comments:

Diva Bud said...

Welcome to the board! One thing I can say is this... Being a Bud has made me so much stronger throughout this journey. I am sure you will feel right at home! It's so much easier to voice frustrations rather than allowing them to fester... Can't wait to hear more about you and your journey!!!

Bossy Bud said...

Thank you so much! I'm very excited to be here. I'm hoping to gain a wealth of information and even make some friends. :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert