September 23, 2011

36 Week Update

How far along: 36 weeks and 6 days. Full term is tomorrow!

Total weight change: Going by the doctors scale at my 36 week appointment on Wednesday, +27. I actually went down a pound from the week before. No worries, it balances out the +2 from the previous week.

Maternity clothes:
Always. I've pretty much moved into dresses at this point. It kills my hips to get pants on and off. I'm starting to look forward to wearing regular clothes again, eventually. Feeling like my wardrobe is really limited these days.

Stretch Marks: No new developments since last week.

Movement: I think he's getting pretty squished in there. Movements have changed yet again to subtle butt wiggles and occasional limb stretches. My kidneys appreciate this change, but it does mean I have to lay really still sometimes to get kick counts done.

Sleep: I just can't seem to get enough sleep lately. Sleep at night is broken up by bathroom trips and braxton hicks contractions. During the day if I need a nap, and my schedule allows, I'm all about taking one.

Best Moment This Past Week: At the end of my appointment this week the nurse went ahead and made all of my weekly appointments up to my due date (they usually go appt to appt). There are only THREE more appointments. The look on my face when she started saying "October" for the appointments beyond next weeks? Priceless.

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: My worries about something going wrong in these last weeks of the pregnancy are getting pretty bad. Its reminding me a lot of my worries in the first few weeks of the pregnancy...just instead of praying for him to not miscarry, I'm praying that I won't get this far just to have him taken away. I have more anxiety about making it to delivery day than about the actual delivery.

Belly Button In or Out: Still an inny.

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing major.

Symptoms: No major changes in the last couple weeks. Braxton Hicks pretty regularly and sporadic (last night being one of those times) instances with lots of pressure downstairs. My carpal tunnel has gotten a lot better, probably thanks to the braces and the change in temperature. Mostly I just feel like I'm enormous and its hard to get around.

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert