August 27, 2011

A little update...

First off, I'd like to thank Cactus Bud for the warm welcome! I am excited and honored to be a part of this family.

AF came back last Sunday. My first one since the m/c. On one hand I'm happy because I'm one month closer to TTC again, on the other...hey, it's Aunt Flo right? =o)

On the 19th I went to the doc's office for labs to find out why I've had "recurrent miscarriages." I called on Tuesday just to see how long it takes the results to come back and was told by the next day. I gave them until Friday just in case my OB was in the hospital or delivering. I called twice Friday; first thing and about 4pm. At close to 6pm the nurse called and told me that they couldn't find where I even came for the blood work or that it was sent to the lab! ARGH! I am so frustrated. I've been worrying about those results for a week and then it looks like I'll have to have ELEVEN more vial drawn and wait another week! I like my OB but her office sucks sometimes.

I went to the BF's baby shower today. Let me tell you, that was tough for me. I knew I had to go because I would have regretted it if I hadn't. But it was like a punch in the gut to watch her open all those presents and having everyone ooh and ahh. Have any Buds ever gone through something like this? Any suggestions on how to cope?

2 comments:

Cactus Bud said...

Totally know what you mean about the mixed feelings about AF post m/c. On the one hand, its good to get her back bc its an important step on the road back to TTC. On the other, its a helluva reminder of exactly what you don't have anymore. I'm both sorry and happy for you that she's back.

I thankfully didn't have baby showers to attend during my TTCAL time, but I know how hard it was sometimes to just babies or pictures of loved ones infants. Being at a baby-centric event...that would be incredibly hard. Kudos to you for putting your best effort forward and going, I'm not sure I'd have been able to do so a month out from my loss.

Explorer Bud said...

Good for you and that is really tough to go especially right after a loss of your own. For me I found that helped is to always put on a good front and be extra smiley and chatting about the baby then when I came home could let out my frustrations. That way I didn't feel like people were pitying me or being awkward and when I am pregnant I want to have everyone just as happy and supportive as I was for them because it will happen for us!!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert