August 15, 2011

35 Week Update

Today marks the next milestone on my pregnancy checklist: 35/35! Meaning I'm 35 weeks today, with 35 days to go until my due date. Wow! The only two milestones I can think of to hit going forward are full-term and my due date...kind of scary, but very exciting at the same time! So I'll give a quick update in this post, and then update separately about a few things that I want to give more attention to.

How far along: 35 weeks!

Total weight change: Um...too much. About +37 as of last week's appointment. I guess this is what happens when I go from avid marathon runner to occasional pool walker.

Maternity clothes: Definitely! I still have a few pairs of really comfy pre-pregnancy pj pants that fit, but otherwise I'm in maternity clothes exclusively. I have a couple pairs of pants and a button down shirt that don't exactly fit so well. Thankfully, it's still in the 90's here so I can wear my arsenal of summer dresses every day to work unless I have a meeting that requires something with a jacket.

Stretch Marks: Not really! I'm an avid cocoa butter user, and put it on my hips, low back, stomach and chest every day. Just in case!

Movement: Baby Magnolia Bud's kicks and punches have turned into rolls and shifts. It's gotten a little more uncomfortable, but that's to be expected now that he/she is running out of room...

Sleep: Not great, but I'm at least sleeping a few hours at a time. I get up about twice a night to pee, and am constantly turning over, shifting positions, etc. This week I'm traveling for work 2 nights, so I'm excited to see if a bed filled with pillows is any help.

Best Moment This Past Week: There were several! Our 34-week appointment last week was great, we had our last baby shower, we finished buying from our BuyBuyBaby registry, we washed and put away all the baby clothes, we prepped our first load of cloth diapers (Bum Genius 4.0 pockets and newborn AIO's), and the nursery is almost done!

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: I've been having a lot of upper back pain that starts around noon every day and lasts until I'm lying down at night again. I'm also starting to just be uncomfortable a lot of the time.

Belly Button In or Out: More flat than innie or outie. Mr. Magnolia Bud thinks it's hilarious.

Cravings/Aversions: Not much, if anything. I have started needing my drinks to be ice-cold, and still am turned off by most meats.

Symptoms: From the head down--leaky boobs (every now and then), braxton hicks a couple times an hour when I'm awake, crazy back pain in my upper back (and a really tight lower back/butt), and knowing that if I look at my feet, my feet and ankles look like there's a baseball where my ankle bones used to be. I'm hoping a pedicure next weekend and a massage and facial the week after will help :)

What I'm Looking Forward To: We're finishing buying things from our amazon and BRU registries this week, and will finish prepping our cloth diapers, pack the birth center bag, and order the nursery art this week/weekend too.

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert