July 8, 2011

She Lives! - A 35 Week Update


I'm not even going to look at when my last post was. It will only depress me and remind me that I have been neglecting the blogsphere for far too long. So much has been going on in Cherry Bud world, not the least of which has been some serious nesting. Mr. CB came home the other night to find me in his old tshirt and a pair of gym shorts, throwing things out of Baby CB's closet. It was originally just our catch all, and after weeks of saying "We should really clean this out", I suddenly was seized by the compulsion to just do it. Unfortunately, the feeling has not reared its well-organized head again, and, even though she is roughly five weeks from making her debut, Baby CB doesn't have a clean, well-organized bedroom. It's more a jumble of shower gifts and clothes that need washing, sorting and stowing. I'll get there.

In recent news, I am 1 for 2 on the shower front. Some very good friends of mine threw me a shower a few weeks ago with an Alice in Wonderland theme (Can you guess Baby CB's name?). It was truly wonderful. I just looked through pictures, and unfortunately, my younger sister took most of them, and her favorites are candids, which, in my largely pregnant state, mostly involve me mid-cupcake. Not cute.

What IS cute are these:Source

The photographer is an incredibly close friend of mine, and I think she did a phenomenal job. We had a ton of fun doing them, and while they are a bit frivolous and not at all fitting with the frugal lifestyle Mr. CB and I try to maintain, I am so happy we have them.

As for a formal update:

How far along: 34 Weeks 5 Days. So close to the elusive 35/35

Total weight change: Ugh...24 lbs. For to the serious, they had best be serious about breastfeeding making the weight melt off.

Maternity clothes: All the time. As an aside, it is a poor, poor idea to see a pair of your husbands pants and say "Haha...wouldn't it be funny if they fit now?" Because it isn't funny when they don't fit because they are too small.

Stretch Marks: Several small ones on my lower belly. I thought (or maybe hoped) that they were bruises from homegirl kicking so hard. No such luck.

Movement: She's more active, but has less room to move, so when she does, it's very odd. I look down and my belly is rolling like the tide. WEIRD in the extreme.

Sleep: Really starting to get bad for the first time. I've been having pretty horrible pain in my right side and lower back that makes it very difficult to sleep. Plus I wake up three times a night to pee.

Best Moment This Past Week: My daddy being able to feel her move.

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: Dealing with no AC in the middle of the Florida summer. I've been spending a lot of time at my parents house.

Belly Button In or Out: Out, which is highly amusing to my younger sister. She introduced me to her new boyfriend as "My pregnant sister. She doesn't have a belly button. Look!" The proceeded to lift my shirt and put my lack of belly button on display. Nice to meet you, new boyfriend.

Cravings/Aversions: I am craving everything that gives me heartburn: Chocolate, Pizza, Pasta. Not so many aversions. If its edible, get out of my way.

Symptoms: Back pain, fatigue, the ever-expanding belly.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My 2nd (and last) baby shower tomorrow!


Counting the minutes,


<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert