May 4, 2011

16 Week Update

I figured now was as good a time as any to do my 16 week update. Lots of changes going on in the last week or so. Namely that the tummy is becoming more visible. On Easter weekend my bump was visible to myself and those that know me well. Now...well, lets just say that a stranger asked if I was in the insurance office to discuss maternity care. Made my day to be asked that (remind me I was happy to look pregnant 6 months from now, lol).

The last couple nights I've been having trouble sleeping. Namely whenever I accidentally roll over onto my back I'll wake up with my ute area in pain. I'm figuring this is Mother Natures way of telling me to stay off my back. Unfortunately, the theory I had of sticking a spare pillow behind me to slow my roll didn't work, I woke up in pain with the pillow next to me. I ordered one of those Snoogle things from Amazon (credit to them for the image). I'll report back to let you know how it works. Its gotten rave reviews from everyone I know in real life and online.


I may be switching back to my civilian OB. Long story short I don't have much faith in my one at the military hospital. I'm to the point where I'm nervous about their competency in such things as basic as interpreting test results and administering an epidural. I'm terrified of an emergency coming up on delivery day and them being unable to handle it. Right now we're just looking at financials to see if I can make the switch. So far its looking promising. I guess I'll update on that as well. I'll be sticking with my current care definitely though my appointment (office visit & doppler check) on May 9th. Not positive if I'll still be there for my anatomy scan at the end of the month...leaning towards not. Guess I'll update on that too.



How far along:
16 weeks 4 days

Total weight change: +3 (Lost a pound in the last week. Not sure how I pulled that one off seeing as I'm eating like a teenage boy)




Maternity clothes: Pretty much all the time.

Stretch Marks: No

Movement: Not yet.

Sleep: Just having to get up a couple times a night to pee. Last couple of nights I've woken myself up when I accidentally rolled onto my back. Apparently my ute doesn't approve of that anymore. We'll see if the Snoogle remedies the situation.

Best Moment This Past Week: Tuesday a stranger looked me up & down and asked if I was asking specifically about maternity care.

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: The lack of symptoms/movement and potentially switching OB care. Again. The nerves about my appointment next week are starting up as well.

Belly Button In or Out: Definitely still in

Cravings/Aversions: Food. Lots of it.

Symptoms: Not really much to be honest with you. Little bit of RLP today, but otherwise nothing blatant. There have been things like a big appetite, tiring easy and a bit of a bump though. Oh & skin tags are popping up like nobody's business. Joy.


What I'm Looking Forward To: Movement




Here are a few belly shots from the past week. They were taken near the beginning of the week in the evening (belly is a little bigger in the evenings).

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert