April 5, 2011

9 week Update

Baby Buttercup Bud and I are 9 weeks today, yay! I am not sure if I have gained any weight yet because we don't have a scale at home. My nausea seems to have calmed down a bit. I haven't thrown up in a whole week!

Yesterday was a little scary for the Buttercup Bud family. It was my first day of my last quarter of culinary school. I am standing in the kitchen listening to my chef speak before we begin cooking and I start to feel light headed. I stand there a little bit and my eyes start to go black. So to avoid making a scene in the kitchen, I decided it would be a great idea to run to the bathroom. Luckily, I did make it to the bathroom before passing out in a stall. Awesome! Fortunately for me someone walked in a few minutes after and she informed my chef, and stayed with me until Mr. Buttercup Bud could pick me up.

I called the midwives and they recommended I head right to the ER. I was taken back to triage where my blood pressure was 88/50. I normally run low blood pressure but not that low. The nurse took us back to a room and got all my information, drew blood and hooked me up to and IV to get me some fluids. The doctor came in and did an ultrasound and Baby Buttercup Bud looked perfect, phew!

Luckily I just has a drop in blood pressure so once I received fluids and slept a little bit I could go home. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about low blood pressure. The only thing I can do is warn someone if I feel faint so they can be there to help me.

Today I relaxed and did some cleaning, I also got ready for class tomorrow, 6am to 12pm! Awesome, I get to wake up at 4:30 am! Hopefully I can make it through this class without passing out.

I am very excited to get into the double digits of my pregnancy next week. Until then, I hope my fellow buds are doing well.

-Buttercup Bud

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert