April 19, 2011

23 week Update!

Today Baby Cherry Bud is officially 23w1d. I am amazed at having gotten to this point. Before I dive into updates on the pregnancy, I am going to share some thoughts I've been having over the past few weeks.

I've been a part of the online TTC community for awhile. Not as long as many woman have, but long enough to see the heartbreak that comes with longterm IF. For whatever reason, surrogacy has been on my mind. Not using a surrogate, but being one. My issues getting pregnant seem to have stemmed from weight and timing for the most part, rather than from an actual problem with my reproductive system, and I seem to be able to stay pregnant and handle pregnancy beautifully. The past few weeks I've been wondering if that would be an option for me, to be able to be a carrier for a couple who cannot conceive or carry a child. I've been asking myself if I think I would be able to separate myself emotionally from the child, and, in all honestly, I think I could. The little one would never be mine, I would only be a carrier, and I think that would make the difference. I am certainly undecided at this point, and Mr. CB is a bit unsure of the whole thing, but it is certainly something to think about.

Now, Baby CB updates, in survey form because I'm feeling a bit lazy today:

How far along: 23 weeks, 1 day

Total weight change: +15 (eeekkkk). Let me say this about my weight gain: I have never in my life worried about my weight. I've always been small, and while I had self-consciousness about how skinny I was when I was young, I was able to be very comfortable in my own skin when I hit my twenties. It really became something that never crossed my mind. We don't even own a scale. So it took me by complete surprise when my pregnancy weight started to bother me. Those 15 lbs, and the sight of my S and XS clothes that may never again fit me have really been taking a toll on my emotions. Which brings us to...

Maternity clothes: pretty much full time. I was only a size 2 when I got pregnant, and my newly expanded belly, thighs and butt simply will not accommodate normal clothes anymore. I threw a bunch of my pre-pregnancy clothes into bins this weekend, and very nearly had a meltdown when I saw how small some of it was. I just can't imagine ever getting into some of it again.

Stretch Marks: Not yet, thank goodness

Movement: Not during the day, but at night and right when I wake up in the morning, she's all over the place.

Sleep: If I roll onto my back, Mr. CB has a tendency to push me back up onto my side, and that always wakes me. Other than that, I wake a few times a night to change positions, but I seem to be getting enough sleep.

Best Moment This Past Week: Painting Baby CB's room. It seems a lot more real to me that there is going to be a little person sleeping in there in only a few months.

Mr. CB has an inability to be serious in a picture, but this is right before we started to paint. Also, I know he is sideways. I can't get it to rotate because I'm a super awesome blogger technologically challenged

My only "after" shot. The green is actually a very pretty springtime-y green, a little less lime than it seems. I will have it known that what I am doing in the picture is the ONLY job I was allowed while painting Baby CB's room. Apparently I am just an accident waiting to happen and, if allowed a paintbrush, might go crazy and drink it or something.

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: It's actually been a very good week, although my emotions have been out of control. I have cried more this week than I did during the entire duration of The Notebook (read: like woah). Baby CB has also been sitting just as low as she possibly can, which means that my hips and what I think might be my cervix have been aching pretty badly.

Belly Button In or Out: Keeps threatening to pop. Mr. CB thinks it's amusing to see if he can grab it and get it to come the rest of the way out. Not amusing, Mr. CB.

Cravings/Aversions: Chocolate, big time, and now that my first tri meat aversion is long gone, I am craving steak like nobody's business. No real aversions, except that my prepregnancy hatreds (barbecue sauce, for example, which MR. CB puts on everything) are magnified.

Symptoms: Just feeling large and rotund. I tire pretty easily, and when I am hungry, I am HUNGRY.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Childbirth class. We're two weeks into Bradley classes, and they are really good. Also our second anniversary next month. Mr. CB wants to go to the Wonderful World of Harry Potter. I won't be able to ride anything, but we're both huge Harry Potter fans, and I would really like to go. Plus, our anniversary is on a Monday this year, so the park might be slower than normal.

Much love,

Cherry Bud

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert