February 26, 2011

I have to pee every 5 minutes!

I know what you're thinking.  It's waaaaay too early in the 2ww to be having symptoms.  And yes - I know.  The real reason that I have to pee so much is all the water I'm drinking.

Why am I drinking so much water?  Because my veins suck.  No, seriously, they're terrible.  I have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (JRA) and as a kid, I had to get blood drawn every 6-8 weeks for years at a time due to the medicines.  I was terrible about going because of my terrible veins.  They're small, they shift away from the needles, they have a hard time clotting after draws, and they had scar tissue over them due to the frequency of the blood draws.  The scar tissue has gotten better over time, since I am no longer on the same meds that required that frequency of blood work.  But, my veins still suck.  Anytime I've had to have an IV, they've had to get the anesthesiologist to do it, because the nurses can never get it. 

So anyway, I am chugging water because I get to have 7DPO blood work tomorrow, and I know the more hydrated I am, the better it is for everyone involved.  I'm also really nervous, because I have to go to a new lab.  Because I'm 7DPO on a Sunday, the only lab open is the hospital lab.  I don't know about anyone else, but I have never had good luck with hospital labs.  They're rushed, and they just jab, and jab, and blow off my initial "hey my veins suck, so please be gentle and use a butterfly needle" warning.

We're testing to see if my progesterone is low, so that we can do supplements if it is.  My last 7DPO blood work, it was, but I've been on Metformin for 4 months, and Femara for 2, so we want to see if that has helped at all.  I would love for it to be better, but I'm not holding my breath. 

This blood work also starts the worst part of the 2ww for me.  The 1st week, you know that there is no way to know.  The second week, however... yeah.  Confession, I often start POAS at 8DPO.  Shameful, right?  This time I'm going to try to hold out a little longer.  (Which I always say!) I'm going to try (try!) to hold out until next Saturday.  We'll see how I do!

2 comments:

Sunflower Bud said...

Your chart looks incredible! I don't know how you haven't tested yet. :)

Teacher Bud said...

I don't know how I haven't either! I think I just have too much going on, and have had too many BFNs in the past. Maybe I will tomorrow. I am having tones of phantom symptoms too.

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert