July 1, 2010

Go directly to testing, do not pass Go, do not collect $200

After only have some breast tenderness and not my normal pre-AF cramping and no holds bar bitchiness, my confidence in our work for cycle #6 was on the upward swoop. I was even beginning to think that we would actually have something to celebrate this weekend...silly rabbit. CD 10 brought a temp below my coverline (BAM) and CD 11 brought another fairly low temp even though I slept horrible (BAM) and CD 12 starting with spotting (BAM BAM). By noon, I realized that is wasn't CD 12, but really CD 1 of cycle #7. Now I know 6 months for a 26 and 25 year is not unheard of or even considered IF, but I was getting concerned. I never really had luck with OPKs. Yes there are positives in my chart, but except for one most were almost positives, an itty bitty sliver of the line may or may not have been slightly darker than the control. Also many of these "fake" positives occurred after my thermal shift. I was determined to be proactive.

I spoke to a nurse at my OB's office this morning and went through the whole explanation. I just got off the phone with my OB's recommendations. Ready for them?? I have to have CD 3 blood work tomorrow to look for FSH levels and then need CD 20 blood work to look for progesterone levels. She also wants me to continue using OPKS (even though I switched to CBEFM last month) and if/when I see a positive, we are to have sex that night and the next. Can I start tell DH I got the positive now, so we can have lots of sexy time this month??

I also outed us to my mother. I wanted to see if she wanted to go out for lunch after my bw since I will be right by her work. I basically broke down on the phone, but it felt good to tell her. I have been wanting to talk to her and get her support, but I can't help but feel like I am letting her down. I am her only child who is even considering having children and we aren't doing a very good job at it.

On that note, I am going to end this post before it morphs into a pity party. I just have to keep reminding myself:
1) a June baby is perfect for us which means conceiving in September
2) I can enjoy my friend's bachelorette party next Saturday
3) I won't be pregnant at her wedding
4) I may be able to ride all the roller coasters in Disney in August
Most importantly, 5) I am happy, financially secure and am married to my best friend.

I will update you ladies when I get the results!

2 comments:

Sunflower Bud said...

I think June babies are perfect! It's not cold and it's not too hot. What a perfect month for birthday parties!

Good luck!

Worry Bud said...

GL with testing this month. I know that it feels good to have told your mom - I felt sooo relieved once I told my mom & sister about our issues. Sending lots of baby dust your way. :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert