May 29, 2010

A {late} 16 week update!

I'm 17 weeks exactly today (yaay, 3 weeks till I'm 1/2 way there!!), but I never updated when I hit 16 weeks. It has been a good week baby-wise. We have actually started looking into a lot of the stuff we need to think about - like day care, strollers, car seats, bedding, etc. etc. I also had my 16 week appointment with my OB. There are 3 different doctors (2 women, 1 man) at my practice & pregnant patients are required to see all three throughout their pregnancies in order to get to know them all b/c whoever is on-call when you go into labor - that's who's delivering you. We met the guy doctor this week - Dr. W & I really like him! He's cool, very laid back & funny. He asked me if I had any questions & I had two - one about childbirth classes & the other about when I could schedule my BIG ultrasound (to find out the baby's sex & for the Dr.'s to make sure baby is doing good & growing normally in there). My OB allows patients to get it done between 18-20 weeks & I asked if I could do it at 17 weeks 6 days since I turned exactly 18 weeks on Saturdays & he said yeah! I was sooo excited. We also heard Baby Worry Bud's sweet heartbeat for the first time, woot! It was a strong 155 bpm (greatest birthday present ever) & based on that, Dr. W says he thinks it's a girl, lol. He said, "hey, I have a 50% chance of being right." My hubby looked worried when he said that, lol - he wants a boy first - I think he's just nervous about having a girl & dealing with boys later on in her life, tee hee.

So back to my ultrasound - I called on Monday to schedule the appointment, but the u/s scheduling lady tried talking me out of doing it at 18 weeks. She basically didn't even give me the option - annoying! She said she'd compromise with me at 19 weeks, but I just went ahead and did 20 since I'm off the day before I officially hit 20 weeks. Buuuuuuuuut, since I'm extremely impatient, I made an appointment at one of those 3D/4D ultrasound places to find out what the babe is this morning. So, as I'm writing this, I actually know the sex, but I'm not telling until after we get a chance to tell my family this weekend (already told Mr. WB's mom))!! But, I will say that I'm soooo excited to start buying stuff! :oP

According to The Bump (Photo Credit), this week our little one is the size of an avocado. Tiny bones are forming in his/her ears now, so s/he can definitely hear the two of us talking to him/her all the time! His eyebrows lashes & hair are all also starting to fill in & his taste buds are forming. I think there's definitely some sorta growth going on in my uterus this week because I can definitely feel it. I am still feeling good overall though - just random aches & pains here & there, sore boobs, going to sleep much earlier than normal, and sometimes killer heartburn (if I eat too much at one meal), but besides that I'm feeling great. I think my shirts are getting a little shorter, so Mr. WB took me out last night to buy a bunch last night & we got a few from gap Maternity that I lurve!! Oh & I'm not positive, but I started feeling little waves down in my pelvic area...I think it may be Baby WB wiggling around in there! S/he was definitely active at this AM's u/s & s/he was upside down in his/her sac, lol. The u/s tech counted 5 fingers & 5 toes - our perfect little one & so cute. :)

Here is my 16-week bump shot, taken at 16 weeks exactly last Saturday:


Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!



1 comments:

Ms. Understood said...

I'm so excited for you. Can't wait to hear the gender.

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert