February 26, 2010

Oh My List!

Well, this weekend, we are going to go register.... wait let me back up, we are going to a consignment sale and then go to register for the baby. I cannot tell you how many people have been asking this month when we are going to register! Our baby shower dates have yet to be set! My BFFs are throwing me one, our church is throwing us one, and possibly Mr. BrainyBud's family is throwing us a shower. It is going to be one busy Spring!


Back to registering and such.... I know that I want to purchase a used bassinet at a consignment sale because he basically won't be in it for long. I hope I find one this weekend. I also don't want to register for much in hopes that we will get all of our essentials. BUT even with a year of planning, I am still OVERWHELMED at all the stuff! We've already gotten his infant car seat and stroller (go UppaBaby Vista! yea! I've been playing around with it all week!) but there are so many other needs to get. Here are some that we like:



Image Source

Image Source


I'm having a hard time choosing a bouncer, and we decided against any activity center or jumper because of some of the negative research out there. A church friend with a little girl has a blue swing that she is going to give us, even though we did not plan to get a swing, at least it is free and may come in handy. That's all for now, wish us luck!

Faith, Love, and Baby Kicks,
Mrs. BrainyBud

2 comments:

Ms. Understood said...

Hope your shopping and registering went well. What negative talk is about there about activity center.

Brainy Bud said...

Basically, some research is showing that it hinders early walking.

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert