January 4, 2010

Sensitivity Training

We had to do sensitivity training at work, why can't there be sensitivity training for real life. When people don't know better, they should just keep their mouths shut. This weekend was great until AF decided to show up and someone decided to open their mouth when they shouldn't have.

My health issues and the things I've been diagnosed with are serious to me. My concerns about IF and how successful Mr. Travel Bud and I are at conceiving are not joking matters. Someone thought it was.

We're watching a TV Show where children and holiday traditions are mentioned and we have a friend and his wife over, we will just call her, Crazy Bia. Well Crazy Bia mentions how she's excited to start traditions with their family when they start trying for kids next year and I say "Oh, you guys are trying for kids next year?" Crazy Bia then says, "Yeah. We do. Watch, we'll probably have about 4 kids before you guys even have one. I mean knowing how effed up your body is."

What the *^&*%&^$. I should have kicked her sorry ass out into the 7 degree weather. Instead, I just said "Please be quiet and watch the damn show."

Then, minutes later my killer cramps kick in, thanks to my lovely friend Aunt Flo and her sidekick Endometriosis. Needless to say, I cried myself to sleep.

I'm not sure if I can let her back into my house anytime soon. People who say such insensitive things are not allowed in my home.

So here I sit with my debilitating cramps just thinking about how someone could be so heartless. It's just a reminder to me that we don't know what people are going through at all times, so it's best to think before we say something we'll regret. Who even knows if Crazy Bia will think after the fact about what she said, but it sure taught me that some people just don't think and the best thing we can do is keep our mouths shut.

Hopefully, the rest of the week fares better for me and for everyone else that's having a bad week.


0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert