January 5, 2010

Endometrial Biopsy.. Check!

On Thursday New Years Eve I had my Endrometiral Biopsy at the RE's office and it went just like I thought it would.. Pain. But all I kept telling myself was the m/c are worse and we are going to find answers. My Mother in law went with me to the procedure and I'm glad she did so that I did not have to worry about driving home. I didn't want Mr. Bud to miss work thinking it was not that much of a big ordeal.

The RE takes a small sample of the lining of the uterus and it it looked under a microscope for abnormal cells. This also helps your doctor check to see if your body's hormone levels are in balance. WebMD has a great article on the different types of procedures

Here is what they remove from WebMd

And the procedure: A soft, straw like device to suction a small sample of lining

The Re also suggested and that I should get the Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine since I have never had the chicken pox, especially since its a high risk if I was pregnant and would come in contact with the chicken pox. After the Vaccine the RE wants us to wait at least 2 months before TTC again because there is some risks to the fetal from the vaccine.



0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert