December 30, 2009

No News Isn't Necessarily Good News.

Not sure if it was noticed, but I haven't written in awhile. Mostly because no matter how hard I thought about what I could write that would be remotely interesting or positive, I couldn't come up with anything. I hate feeling like a Negative Nancy. Life isn't really all that bad, but honestly, I am at the point of being completely burnt out. I wish that I could just take a "time-out" from life, and come back to it once I have had some time to mentally decompress and collect myself.

Here's the latest:
1) DH is still unemployed. Though he has applied for over 160 positions in the last 4 months, he has not received an interview or an offer.
2) I still cannot find a job. I am employed, thank God, but I basically hate my job and am working for peanuts. I thought I had a lead, and then it fell through which was a bit discouraging, but honestly not all that surprising. It sounds terrible, but I have kind of come to expect disappointment.
3) The workouts are still going really well. I have had some severe achielles tendon pain in the past two days. I ran through it yesterday, but today I really needed a break, being that walking has become difficult. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
4) Based solely on the craptastic job circumstances, we are still TTA. And I am bitter about it.

I am usually a fairly positive person, but I will be completely honest and say that the job searching scenario for both DH and I has left me frustrated, bitter, irritable, and cynical. I have definite moments of positivity, but with regards to the job search, it's something I have to do, but it currently seems as about as exciting as gouging my own eyes out with a rusty spoon. I can think of about 10 million things that I would rather do, than continue on this job search that currently seems to be completely futile. I hope that next time I write, you will catch me in a better mood but today is one of those days where complaining and feeling sorry for myself seems to be more effective.

Thanks to those of you who have offered kind words and support over the past months. It really does mean a lot to me.

2 comments:

Worry Bud said...

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time FB - best wishes for a much better 2010!

Fitness Bud said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert