December 28, 2009

Intro-Sassy Bud

Hello, I am Sassy Bud. Mr. Sassy Bud and I have been married for 3 ½ years, and together for over 10 years. We are both in our late 20’s & work full-time. I’m in my second year of law school along with working as an auditor & staff accountant, so needless to say life can get very hectic around finals week.



Our TTC journey began in February of 2009. We had originally planned on my stopping BCP’s in October of 2009 so that we could time the baby’s arrival between tax season and football season- oh, how naive I was! Last January we decided that I would go off BCP’s in February since I had my annual appointment scheduled with my ob/gyn. I figured that would be the perfect time to have our pre-TTC discussion. My ob/gyn said I was healthy, gave me the basic TTC advice (PNV’s, and BD every other day around day 14 of your cycle) & well wishes and sent me on my way. As far as the timing issue- since I assumed I would be PG right away, of course- we decided that there is never an “ideal” time and even with the best planning, things can happen that are out of your control. So, we were going for it! I had visions of morning sickness and baby showers and how I would announce my pregnancy to all of our family and friends.




So here is a brief timeline of my journey so far:



· February-May: Regular 30ish day cycles. I wasn’t paying too close of attention, it was still early. I didn’t see any reason to be concerned, I know it can take time.


· June-August: I had one really short cycle (21 days or so) and then a few that were definitely longer, around 5-6 weeks each. This is when I really started doing more research. I needed to understand what was happening with my body. Fortunately, this is when I stumbled upon some online forums regarding charting. Surprisingly, I had never heard of it before.


· September: By this point, I’m in the middle of another weird cycle and I’m sick of wasting HPT’s and seeing BFN’s. It’s time to do something about this! I decided to start charting the next cycle.



I was content to wait until my February 2010 appointment before I started to be concerned, I can be patient. Patience is definitely one of my better qualities. I was not concerned- until I started charting. At first, it was so exciting to see my temperature in the morning. I was using OPK’s to backup my temperature observations. I tried charting my CM also, but it was basically non-existent. So, I faithfully put in my temperature each morning, and waited for FF to give me the great news- that I ovulated! My first crosshairs were so exciting. And then they were gone. Another week went by, another set of CH’s had come and gone. Eventually I realized my body wasn’t “normal.” This was not as easy as it seemed for everyone else that I know that got PG right off BCP or on “accident.”



Fast forward to now, December 2009. We are closing in on the magical one year mark of TTC before they decide that you may have other issues or need some help with the baby-making process. As of today, I am on CD 80-something. I just finished a 10 day Rx for Provera, although judging by my temps, I’m not so sure it is working the way it should. At the appointment to get the Provera, the doctor said she wanted me to get an ultrasound to see if we can pinpoint a specific problem. She also ordered bloodwork to check my hormone and thyroid levels, and I am still waiting for the results.



So that is where I am at today. I feel like I am further from having a baby than I was a year ago, but I am definitely more informed.



I hope to have some more information about what is going on after my ultrasound tomorrow.


~Sassy Bud

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert