December 16, 2009

9 weeks 2 days....

Today I am pregnant and I love my baby.....


This one is a little late because we were out of our apartment all weekend since the building was being tented for termites. If you have never had to leave home because of tenting, I pray you never do. It's a PITA! We had to pack ALL our food from the pantry, cabinets and fridge find accommodations for our dog, get a hotel for us. A lot of wasted money. When we got back on Sunday we had to wash all the sheets, clean the floors wipe down the kitchen. I still haven't tackled doing all the dishes since we have some that I cleaned in the dishwasher when we got back.
I'm just taking it day by day.

I met my new OB on Friday. He's a pretty cool guy. He's a biker, which I thought was pretty funny. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about having a male OB but he made me feel really comfortable and the appointment went really well.

So aside from that, I'm doing okay. Sometimes a little too okay and it drives me nuts.

Now, I apologize in advance for those of you that are reading that that have had crappy pregnancies where you were throwing up all the time etc. But, I'd actually feel better about all this if I felt that way.

I do get nauseous but not to the point of dry heaving or actually throwing up. My boobs are a little sore but mostly it's just the nipple area. I get mild headaches here and there same goes for the light headedness. I've had a stuffy nose since I got my BFP and just some uterine stretching related pains. Gas is my new BFF. Both kinds. Luckily, my husband finds it hilarious.
Meanwhile, I have 2 friends that are pregnant and also due in July and the feel terrible. They don't understand how I would be much more comfortable with this all if I felt worse. The days I feel awful all day are the best days :) Yes, I know, I'm nuts (Mr. LB definitely thinks so). But I think I thought that since the road to getting pregnant was so difficult that the pregnancy itself would be too.

People ask me if I'm excited and I can't say yes. I feel like it's not safe to be excited yet. I'm hoping after our next appointment I'll start to be. My sister-in-law however is over the moon :) This will be her first niece/nephew and she can't stop gushing over it. She was in town this past weekend and there was lots of talk about baby, baby shower, gifts, strollers, breast feedings, all things baby. My family is really excited too but they're more in tune with how nervous I am so they hold back a little more. My OB did make me feel a little better about one thing I was concerned about and that was the progesterone hiding a miscarriage. He said that not amount of progesterone in the world would keep me from losing an abnormal pregnancy. So the only thing left to be concerned about is whether or not the bagel is growing.

Next appointment is scheduled for December 30th (11.5 weeks). We'll be having out First Tri Screening that day. It will be the first time we see the bagel since our 7.5 week u/s when we saw the baby and HB. So needless to say, that is what's bringing on all this extra paranoia about symptoms and lack thereof.
After that my next appointment with the OB is on January 7th (12.5 weeks).

I don't think I've ever done so much praying in my life.

I promise you as neurotic and crazy as I sound in this entry I'm not like this all the time lol. But it feels good to just get all these thoughts out somewhere.

I'll be back on Monday!

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert