November 11, 2009

A taste of what's to come

Today I was a substitute teacher in Kindergarten. I really don't remember Kindergarten being so exhausting. At least the kids got to take a 30 minute rest in the afternoon. Being pregnant and wanting to nap all them time, it took all that I have not to lay my head on the desk and take a little siesta right along with them. Despite one problem child, I had a pretty good day and class. I love the idea that in some small way, even if it is only for a day, that I have a little bit of influence of these children.

Yesterday in our Chamber of Commerce luncheon there was a speaker from the Early Childhood Initiative. He said that the three most important things that you can do for a child is to sing to them, read to them and play with them. I did all three of those day and I plan on doing those daily with my children when they arrive. I love to sing. My children will go to school singing songs that they think everyone should know, when in fact I had just made them up.


I'm currently 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I feel great, so there really isn't too much to report. I don't go back to the doctor for another two and a half weeks. I guess I had a bit of a scare last night. Mr. Hopeful Bud and I were sitting in our bible study when all of a sudden I got a really bad pain in my left side. It wasn't stabbing or crampy, but like a dull push from the inside out and it was constant. After bible study I went home, put my feet up, took a warm bath and then took two Tylenol PMs and went to sleep. I'm chalking it up to either a gas pain or uterus stretching. Either way it was uncomfortable, but I'm sure I will have a lot more of both of those before June.


I will try to do better at posting, it just seems that all I'm doing is waiting at this point.


Take care and remain hopeful!!

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert