November 2, 2009

Cycle 2 Cancelled: Hysteroscopy Results

A Uterine Polyp Rears its Ugly Head...
So earlier this month I was at the beginning of Cycle 2 of Ovulation Induction with Femara, Follistim and Timed Intercourse when I had a Hysteroscopy on day 5 of my cycle. During the procedure Dr. B discovered a large Uterine Polyp that extends from one side of my uterus to the other side and it looked like a tongue. He cancelled the Cycle immediately, so of course I was sad because Mr. Blessed Bud and I were hoping to get PG in October because my birthday was October 7 and our one year anniversary was October 11. On a brighter note, Dr. B thinks that this is the reason for my miscarriages and he says that Uterine Polyps swell up when your body produces estrogen, and the polyps themselves can interfere with the proper implantation of the embryo.


Here is an image of 2 large Uterine Polyps:




Photography Credit



Just What is a Hysteroscopy?
A Hysteroscopy is a technique used to look inside the uterus. A hysteroscope is a thin telescope-like device that is placed into the uterus through the vagina and the cervix. The procedure helps doctors diagnose and treat a variety of uterine problems.




Photography Credit


Dr. B's Verdict...
So the verdict is I have to have a hysteropic polypectomy in order to have my uterine polyp removed. Fortunately this surgery is ambulatory (in and out the same day), and I made an appointment with my OB/GYN Dr. R for a pre-surgery consult so I can have this polyp removed asap.

Moving Forward...
I am truly ready to have this surgery and Mr. Blessed Bud and I are looking forward to cycling again with Dr. B by December...





2 comments:

Love Bud said...

Oh L! so sorry to hear about this!
Good thing is they'll be out soon and you'll be able to start your next medicated cycle!

Blessed Bud said...

Thanks J!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert