September 16, 2009

Week 12

I'm such a bad blogger... It's been over a week since I last checked in but to be honest I don't have much to report on myself or Baby GB. We are doing well though at 12 weeks and 2 days!!! About 1 week away from the official start of the 2nd trimester. I guess 13 weeks and 3 days is the exact calculation for 1/3 of the way through... even though my doctor told me that at 12 weeks I'm done with the 1st tri. Every book you read is contradictory too...

The who
le pregnancy calculation thing is weird to me since up until I got KU I always thought a woman was pregnant for 9 months. Well that's just not true because in actuality it's 10. Joy right? This is because really calculation starts from the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP)... for the two (approximately) weeks after that you aren't even pregnant! Kind of nice to start with two weeks down already!

Anyway, hopefully I'll have more to report soon as I start showing and start SHOPPING! Can you believe I haven't bought ONE thing yet??? I'm glad all the other Buds are keeping busy and for the most part getting good news to keep our readers entertained! Congrats to Dandelion Bud and Chef Bud on recent developments in their journey!

So, without further adieu (seems I've started a fruit trend for myself) here's what Baby GB is up to this week!

Baby's now the size of a plum!
As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of her systems are fully formed.






Photo Credit


On a side note: Last week we were a lime and for some reason to me a lime seems bigger than a plum? Anyone else with me? Just a thought...


0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert