August 1, 2012

38 weeks...

Sorry everyone for not posting lately...super busy last couple of weeks.  We had our baby showers, been working on the nursery (not as close to being done as we should be given I'm due in 2 weeks) and washing baby clothes.  *sigh* And still SO much to do!!


How far along: 38 weeks today.  =o)  It's so hard to believe that it's already almost time!  Like Diva mentioned, after waiting so long it's hard to believe that this is really happening...and I mean really happening!

Total weight change: I hate this part...I think I'm gonna skip this part.  After all, I know how much dag-gone weight I've gained!

Maternity clothes: Same as last time, though even my maternity t-shirts are too snug.  But I'm told that nothing is really comfortable this late in pregnancy.  I bought some cotton shorts from Target in a few sizes too big so that I'd have something more comfy to lounge in...maternity clothes are SO expensive!

Stretch Marks: Still no new new ones.

Movement: His movements have slowed down a little to where they're not the actual kicks that I'm used to but more shifting and rolling.

Sleep: Definitely feel like I need more here lately, but the last couple of weekends have been busy so I haven't been able to get caught up like I'd like.  But hopefully the next couple of weekends will be better.  Sleeping pretty well during the night but I'm getting up more often in the night to use the bathroom since he's started dropping.

Best Moment This Past Week: Several since it's been so long since I've written: the work baby shower was on 7.19.12.  The girls definitely took care of me!!  We got so much stuff it was ridiculous!  And then the following Sunday Mr. CB's mom and grandma threw us one at their church.  Needless to say we got plenty of diapers, wipes, bath products, clothes, blankets, toys, gift cards, etc.  The women that work with Mr. CB chipped in and bought us our travel system.  The only things that we still need are an exer-saucer, highchair and travel car seat.  And we've only used a portion of the gift cards.  I still have some small things to get like something to put dirty diapers in, organizer baskets, some changing pad sheets, etc.  Had my weekly appointment this week: dilated to 1.5cm, about 60% effaced and she said that Parker's head is a lot more down.  I would have liked to have had a little more change, and she must have sensed that because she assured me that my uterus has changed a lot since the last check.  She asked if I want to be induced at 40 weeks, which I do not, so she said we will schedule an induction date for about 1 week my due date but only as a "plan B."

Most Difficult Moment This Past Week: I swear I am so tired of hearing people tell me how big I am.  And it really all depends on how they say it, you know?  Like I had a patient yesterday (I swear I love this little old man) whom I always enjoy picking on and vice versa.  Well he wanted to see me before he left so he could see how big the belly has gotten.  Of course he gave me a hard time about it, but he's such a genuinely sweet man that it didn't come off as rude and we laughed about it for about 10 minutes comparing guts, etc.  But then you have some people (and trust me, I've been dealing with these types of people my whole life) who just have a way about them where comments like that come out so freaking rude.  A patient's daughter told me earlier this week that my nose is getting really big.  Thanks lady...I had no idea.


Belly Button In or Out: Yeah, it's an outty.


Cravings/Aversions: I realized last night that I've really been craving salads the last couple of weeks.  Could be worse...could be better without my ranch!  =o)

Symptoms: Still having the heartburn and reflux, the swelling in my feet and ankles is getting pretty bad - I have to keep my feet up all evening when I get home or they won't even go down over night, but luckily my blood pressures have still been running good.  More cramping underneath my belly and deep in my pelvis.  Nothing horrible, just uncomfortable.  The fatigue that I mentioned earlier...but I know that won't get any better in the next 5 years or so!  =o)  Bring it on!

2 comments:

Diva Bud said...

Hang in there!!! You're coming down the home stretch ;)

You know what... People are rude and a lot of people (sadly) don't know how to behave in public/social situations. Ignore them and stay focused on your beautiful son, who you'll be meeting soon. I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!

Curly Bud said...

:0) Thanks Diva...and welcome to the 3rd trimester! WE DID IT!!!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert