July 12, 2012

Acupuncture & Herbs

I have been going once a week to my acupuncture appointment and things seem to be going well. My cycle isn't any better but they say it can take several months so we will see. I talked with my acupuncturist about using an herbal replacement for Metformin and he told me about a mix of herbs called Menotrol. It is made specifically for women with PCOS, amenorrhea, irregular cycles and infertility. Where Metformin is just to treat the insulin resistance. So I talked to my RE and he didn't have a problem with me trying it out. So I am awaiting the arrival of Menetrol and then an herbal supplement called Blossom (Phase 1-4) that I will take each phase according to my cycle. Maybe we wills start seeing a bigger improvement with acupuncture with the addition of herbs.

2 comments:

Bossy Bud said...

Fingers crossed that you will see a change soon, Explorer.

Keep us updated on Menotrol. I also took Metformin and would like to know how the herbs work for you.

Diva Bud said...

Sending positive vibes your way!!! I would think that the herbs will be better than Metformin. I hate the stuff :-/ The natural route just seems better. Stay positive!!!! :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert