March 10, 2012

Pitiful...

I'm sorry that I just can't seem to stay on top of my blogging here lately...let's blame it on placenta brain an fatigue.

I'm still waiting for the second trimester to turn into the "honeymoon period." I still get nauseated on occasion when I eat something Baby doesn't agree with. The heartburn has luckily calmed way down. But the fatigue! Man. I find myself snoozing at lunch, passing out when I get home and barely being able to drag myself up from the couch to take a shower and go to bed after I see Mr. CBud off to work at 10! We're transitioning to a new Electronic Medical Record system at work and I'm one of the "super users" so my days and evenings have been filled with a lot of classes and training...not helping the sleepies at all! The instructor sounds like the teacher from Ferris Beuler's Day Off. =o)

Anyway, I'm well into my 17th week and will be greeting the 18th on Wednesday. So far Baby is 4.5-4.75 inches long from crown to rump and weighs about 3.5 ounces. The fingernails are well-formed and Baby is starting to accumulate a little fat. (Awwww....)

I had an appointment w/ the OB last week. Everything went well. BP was 110/70. Weight up 4lb since the last appointment. That puts me at 12lb total. A little much for my liking but I'm trying not to obsess about it. I used to be one of those weigh every day girls (because I worked so hard to lose it all in the first place) but I have happily pushed my scale to the back of the linen closet. I'm not eating bad foods, but my salty-sweet cravings have been kicked into overdrive!

I felt the baby move last week!! I was driving to work listening to my iPod and felt some gas-like pains in my lower left abdomen. I didn't pay much attention to it, but when the urge to relieve myself (hehe) never came, but the movement stayed I was like "Hmmmm..." So I took my iPod out, and payed close attention and thump! The baby whopped me! (duh - not too hard) I attributed it to my ever-tightening scrub pants. But ever since then, I've been feeling those same movements all over my lower abdomen. It makes me smile every time I do.

My next appointment is the 19th...time to find out what we're having! I am SO excited and can't wait. I'm taking off a Friday next month so my mom and I can go to my registry.

Ta for now and I'll be thinking and praying for all of you!

1 comments:

Diva Bud said...

So happy for you!!! Can't wait to find out what team we are rooting for ;)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert