December 20, 2011

A Trip to the Mailbox.

I had a very unexpected, but very sweet conversation with my neighbor today. My neighbor and I have known each other for years (even before she moved in next door), and she knows about our struggle to become parents. She has always been so positive and sweet.

Today, I walked outside to check our mail and she was outside with her son. We said our usual- "How are you?" and "Ready for Christmas?" Then, she brought it up. She wanted to know how I was doing and when I was returning to my doctor. I was able to keep it together (which is still hard for me) while I explained that I would be seeing my doctor again in two weeks to discuss our FET.

Now- I'm used to people and their usual responses to my situation.
It'll happen. Just give it time.
It wasn't meant to be.
Just be patient.

My neighbor didn't say any of that. She was SO encouraging, and she told me that she KNEW it would happen again for us. If it had happened before, then it WOULD happen again.

For some reason, her words sounded so much more sincere compared to others who have said the exact same thing to me. Her words really struck me, and of course, I started tearing up.

I almost can't even explain how good it felt to hear her say that.

Quick question- It's been two weeks since my d & c, and my doctor said it would take 2-4 weeks for me to get my period again. If anyone has experience with this, how long did it for you to get yours?

Bossy

5 comments:

Buckeye Bud said...

I had a D&c in September of 2010 and I got my period around 28 days later. It was a normal period....nothing too heavy or long. It was actually a relief to get it. Knowing my body was trying to get back on track brought me a strange form of peace.
**Hugs from a gal who knows EXACTLY how ya feel**

Diva Bud said...

I agree that it is insensitive when people just say, "don't worry, it'll happen when it's right..." blah, blah, blah. And it's funny how most of these people have kids already. That's why I limit how many people I talk to about TTC and my IF issues. Rarely, you'll find a wonderful person like your neighbor that puts your heart and your mind at ease. I am so glad that you had a moment of clarity and are ready to lay out a plan. Good things are on the horizon ;)

Explorer Bud said...

Isn't that the best when someone can say exactly what you need to hear at the right time!!

Bossy Bud said...

Buckeye- Thank you! I'm hoping AF shows up soon. I'm actually looking forward to seeing her.

Buckeye, Diva, & Explorer- It's amazing how the most sincere words can help heal your heart! :) I love how all of you understand exactly how I feel.

Diva Bud said...

It's cause all of us have been there, and it's an all too familiar feeling :)

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert