November 19, 2010

Discoveries

I've discovered something about myself during the TTC process.

I really want a baby.

That's not what I found out about myself. I obviously knew that. Stay with me.

I really want a baby, but I am really, really spacey.

What this boils down to is that, technically, and if anyone asks, which they don't, but if they did, technically, I am taking 1 Prental vitamin, 2 Vitex (see? I don't even know what amount) and 2 cups of Green Tea a day, plus using cheapie internet OPK's daily.

Technically.

In reality, my days look sort of like this:

- Wake up
- Stumble to the bathroom
- While brushing my teeth, allow my eyes to meander across the counter
- Spot Prenatals and Vitex
- Say "Oh snap! I forgot to take my Vitex last night! But I am a responsible, mindful adult, so I'm going to take my Vitamin and my morning Vitex right now."
- Feel adult and responsible
- Go downstairs, running late as usual and forget to make a cup of tea. Don't sweat it. I can drink two later, right?
- Go to work
- Remind myself several times during the day that I need to A) Take my afternoon Vitex B) POAS C)Drink two cups of green tea.
- Stumble home from work mildly exhausted
- Forget to POAS until after 830, when I will suddenly remember but it is too late now
- Make myself a cup of tea that is NOT green. When it is empty and I don't want to drink anything else, remember that I was supposed to have Green Tea.
- Completely forget about Vitex
- Bed
- Repeat

So, to summarize, while Mr. CB and I are keeping to a decent BD schedule, and I am monitoring my CM and I am temping, everything I'm supposed to be doing to help my body along is pretty touch and go. Truth be told, with only taking one Vitex a day, I may as well just start popping jelly beans and calling them fertility aids. I'd probably take them more regularly, actually.

I wonder if Mr. Cherry Bud would buy that.

"No, honey, they help with CM production. And ovulation. and they're basically sperm food. It gives them a sugar high so they swim faster."

Making a resolution to stop losing my mind,
Photobucket

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

LOL! You are too funny! I've been bad about doing the opposite (taking my hormones) so I set an alarm on my phone to go off...usually I take my pill 4 hours later when I realize that if my boyfriend catches me taking it at night he will think we will get pregnant.

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert