September 9, 2010

Introducing... Diva Bud!

Hello, Blogging World! :) Hello, Blogging World! :) My name is Diva Bud, and I am THRILLED to be writing for Bloomin' Babies. I have been a reader of the blog for some time now, even though Mr. DB and I just officially had the "talk" about starting our TTC journey this past weekend, I have always enjoyed reading about all the different Buds on here and their stories... I have learned so much, even about things I knew absolutely nothing about! But finally, it seems that we are ready for a little addition to our family :)

The decision came up after I got a new job, where I will be receiving a steady paycheck (which always helps - hooray). I am an aspiring Opera Singer, and have been trying to "break in" to the business for some time now, with only minor luck here and there... so when this job became available, we both decided it would be a good time to slow things down a bit, and start a family. If we don't do it now while I'm waiting for my career to take off, who knows when we'll be able to do it? We have been married for almost two years, and have been so happy! I honestly never thought I would find someone like him. He is the love of my life, and I cannot wait to have his baby!

We have had a few road blocks in the way... some of which were diminished when I was presented with this new job... and some that are still hindering our chances of starting a family quickly and effortlessly. For starters, being "self-employed" doesn't always have it's perks... like health insurance, for example. We obtained an inexpensive health insurance with a 15-month waiting period for Pre-Natal/Maternity benefits (I didn't even know this existed!), and were willing to wait, but had to leave that insurance and start fresh with another 15-month period in another insurance after I was denied a much needed referral. All these health insurance issues were not helping, and were just making us more and more frustrated... but they just added to other problems that had been lurking for years... Since I was 15 years old, I have suffered from PCOS. The referral I was trying to get was to see an Endocrinologist to find out what other issues are hindering my chances of becoming PG, and to try and remedy all these problems.

I am hoping to finally learn how to chart... I've already got my little pink thermometer ready to go! :) Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and of course I will be sharing all my charts as time goes by! I just don't have any to show at the moment :-/

Anyway, I am so happy to be a part of this wonderful blog, and I hope you will enjoy reading about my adventures! After all, when it comes to TTC-ing, there's never a dull moment ;)

Love,

4 comments:

Sarcastic Bud said...

I was diagnosed with PCOS myself. Welcome to the blog! Can't wait to hear more of your story.

Golden Bud said...

Welcome Diva Bud! I wish I could help you with charting...to be honest I am not even sure where to put that thermometer (I hope my guess is wrong!) Best of luck to you!

Diva Bud said...

Thanks, Ladies! I am having a great time :) I am really enjoying reading all the different stories... and I think this is such a wonderful blog... no matter what we are going through, it's nice to have somewhere to really talk about things without being worried about who is pointing fingers or talking trash :)

June Bud said...

Welcome!!! Charting is very easy...it can just get kind of frustrating when you are waiting for those temps to go up to show you O'd, and then waiting for thise temps to keep rising and staying high!!!! But, just make sure you temp at the same time every morning! Then record it on FF and you can also input any meds, or other factors involved with your temp! GL!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert