October 19, 2009

17 Weeks

Baby GB is now the size of an onion!


Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.






Photo Credit


We are anxiously awaiting next Monday's BIG U/S! 7 days to go - I have absolutely no intuition if we are having a boy or a girl. A lot of my girlfriends think that we are having a girl. Mr. GB's family, along with my mom and sister have a feeling it's a boy and my dad doesn't want to know! To be honest, I think Mr. GB and I are really hoping for Team Blue - but really, I'll be just as ecstatic with Team Pink. :)


With that, I thought I would put some of the Old Wives Tales to the test:


  • If you are carrying your baby high, then it is a girl. If you are carrying your baby lower, then you are having a boy. - Honestly, I can barely tell if I'm showing yet! Not that I want to push my appointment back but I wish it was closer to 20 weeks instead of 18 so I'd be showing more.

  • Chinese Gender Calendar - Predicts Team Pink

  • If your feet are colder when you are pregnant, then you are having a boy. If you feet are not any colder than before you are pregnant, then you are having a girl. - Definitely been COLDER since getting KU! I'm usually always hot, and I've been freezing lately!

  • If our baby's heart rate is above 140 beats per minute, then you are having a girl. If it is below 140 beats per minute, then you are having a boy. - HB has been right around 140 each of the 3 times we've heard it so far.

  • If your chest development has been dramatic in your pregnancy, then you can expect a girl. If your chest development has not been that much, then expect a boy. - Lots of development here! I've went up two cup sizes already!

  • If you are craving sweets and fruit, then you are having a girl. If you are craving salty foods and meats and cheeses, then you are having a boy. During the first trimester all I wanted was fruit and sweets. Now all I want is salty!?!?!

  • If the hair on your legs is growing faster than it did before you got pregnant, then you are having a boy. If your hair on your legs is growing at the same rate as it did before, then you are having a girl. - Faster (I blame this on the PNV but hey, we'll go with it!)

  • Attach a ring or needle to a thread and dangle it over the mom-to-be's belly while she is lying down. If the needle or moves in a circle then she is having a girl. If the needle or ring moves to and fro back and forth, then she is having a boy. - This has been done on multiple occasions - Mr. GB dad and a few of our friends predicted girl, but when Mr. GB held the string it predicted boy?!

  • If a woman is said to look worse when she is pregnant than she did before she was pregnant, then she is having a boy. If the woman looks better in appearance while pregnant, then she is having a girl. - I can't really speak for this one without sounding conceited but I have gotten a lot of compliments since getting KU. (Granted, I have lost weight in my face and arms. I've also cut and colored my hair?! All of which could be contributing factors?!)

  • Women who carry boys supposedly do not having as much morning sickness as women who are carrying girls. - Absolutely no morning sickness.

Well... if you were keeping track that is: Team Pink - 3, Team Blue 3, and Team ??? - 4... hmmm????

I'm sure there are others that I missed - if you want me to answer them I GLADLY will! :) Those are the one's I could find or remember and I have to say, they sure weren't much help!

0 comments:

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert