August 25, 2009

It's O Time

Today was the first day of school. I am an assistant principal at a high school, and the first day of school is not a fun day. I was up at 5 AM, at work at 6:30 AM, and didn’t leave until 8 PM. It was at least 95 degrees today and I spent about 3 hours and 15 minutes of my day outside directing traffic, herding students to class or watching them eat lunch. The rest of the time I was running from classroom to classroom, picking up attendance cards, delivering bus passes and generally looking like a chicken with my head cut off. I was sweaty, exhausted, grumpy and hungry. But as soon as I got home, I jumped on Mr. Chef Bud, dragged him to the bedroom and mustered up enough energy to TTC Little CB. It is THAT time of the month…not AF, but the big O. I had a positive OPK last night and this morning, and am expecting to ovulate tonight or tomorrow. And after six months of TTC I’m now at the point that NOTHING is going to stand in my way of BDing during my fertile window.

Before it would have been a miracle for Mr. CB to get me to have sex any time during the first week of school, let alone the first day! Yes there are nights that one or both of us don’t want to, and sometimes Mr. CB isn’t feeling it, if you know what I mean (such as last night, we had to shake it up a bit and move to the living room…he said he wanted a change of venue!) but we both want to be pregnant so badly and are willing to do what we need to in order to make it happen. And I know that we could have sex every other day and be fine, but I like knowing that we did everything in our power to conceive Little CB. And when you look at my chart at the end of this week, there should be at least 6 days in a row of intercourse…which just might be a record for us. If it doesn’t happen this cycle, it sure won’t be for lack of trying!!!


1 comments:

Chef Bud said...

So my every day BDing didn't last...I fell asleep last night before Mr. CB even got home! Oh well, our timing still looks great and *hopefully* this is our month!

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert