May 15, 2011

BFFN

That's right, IVF #1 was a BFN. Even though I was preparing for it, I am actually shocked. We had two very strong embryos, I stayed on bed rest for two days (RE recommends 1), I drank my POM, I ate my pineapple core, I didn't drink after first day of stims. I can't believe it.

As hard as it is, I think we are going to try again. DH wants to try another fresh cycle; I would as well. I have my WTF appointment with my RE next Monday. I am hoping to move it up. Last time we talked, the RE said we would do a frozen after the fresh. My problem with this is that while we have three embryos frozen one is very high quality and two are okay. If we couldn't get pregnant with two high quality embryos, what are our chances with only one? During this appointment, I am also going to talk to him about Mr. Plannerbud's low sperm count with all our procedures, especially the IVF. Maybe there is something that we missed.

While I am doubting that I can get pregnant, the back of my mind is telling me that it will happen. A quote a friend on one of my support board gave me the other day keeps ringing in my head. “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it’s the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” -Anne Radmacher

3 comments:

Explorer Bud said...

I am soo sorry, no matter how much you try to tell yourself that it may not work it never lessens the blow. Hopefully the Dr. can give you some insight on why it didn't work and what you get to do next. Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful second try!

Diva Bud said...

Try to stay positive!!! That's all you can do :) I will be rooting for you! Can't wait to hear your update :)

Sunflower Bud said...

Oh PB, I am so incredibly sorry. :(

 

Bloomin' Babies Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved Bloomin' Babies Designed by Kate M. Gilbert